• Features & Ideas
  • Keyboard shortcuts or buttons to instantaneously equalize all tracks' heights in TV
2015/04/14 00:50:07
icontakt
There are currently as much as 4 ways to simultaneously adjust all tracks' heights in the Track view:

A) Press Ctrl+Up/Down allow keys
B) Right-click on the Time ruler and drag the mouse up/down
C) Hit Ctrl+A (to select all tracks), then drag up/down the bottom edge of one of the track strips while holding down Shift
D) Drag up/down the bottom edge of one of non-active tracks (only when Auto Track Zoom is enabled)

But, I must say NONE of these is quite as fast/efficient/convenient as the method my other daw (which I'm very likely to ditch soon) offers. It allows users to assign (predefined) track heights to keyboard shortcuts, like this:

You might think this isn't very different from method A above. But imagin your tracks currently have very different heights. With method A, you'd have to hit Ctrl+Up allow key several times before you start hitting Ctrl+Down arrow key to achieve a desired height.

Hope it makes sense.
2015/04/14 01:10:31
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
like that idea ... but would like to suggest that
  • it should be available for ALL tracks as well as just the currently active one (basically 2 different actions)
  • must be available for key binding
2015/04/14 01:57:05
icontakt
FreeFlyBertl
like that idea ... but would like to suggest that
  • it should be available for ALL tracks as well as just the currently active one (basically 2 different actions)
  • must be available for key binding

Oh, yes, absolutely. Maybe for just the currently selected tracks as well.
2015/04/14 07:18:57
Dave Modisette
Could this be done with a Screenset?
2015/04/14 07:43:32
icontakt
Dave Modisette
Could this be done with a Screenset?

Yes, but a Screenset can only remember the heights of existing tracks, not those of tracks added after the Screenset was saved (or even locked). 
2015/04/14 07:53:43
stevec
Sounds like a reasonable idea to me.  It works well in that other S DAW that shall not be named.  

2015/04/14 08:58:56
BobF
Yes, that other DAW has tons of little gems like this ... IMO, from an interface perspective, S-Plat has a solid lead right now.  I really like the overall layout and the control bar (<-- hint, hint).  I detach and move the multi-dock to my second monitor and the whole interface really works for me.
2015/04/14 15:08:21
stevec
Ditto on SPlat's UI - it simply works for me.  Well.   I do, however, also like some of those little "gems" from the other DAW.   Given CW's current direction hopefully we can some of these type of changes over time. 

2015/04/14 17:28:33
BobF
I've put my money down on Sonar ... now we see how it goes.  The main reason I tried the other DAW to begin with was overall performance and stability.  Neither of those is a problem with Sonar now - knock on wood!

Maybe when these guys get done with cleanup they'll have time to start jamming in the gems  :)

2015/04/14 17:46:36
stevec
Yup...  that is hopefully the plan!  :-)

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account