• Features & Ideas
  • [Implemented] - Dedicated mono/stereo outs for individual virtual instruments
2016/02/19 00:20:50
Resonant Serpent
Every single host I own has dedicated mono/stereo outputs for virtual instruments, except Sonar. 

In Sonar, when loading Addictive Drums, you can either choose mono or stereo outputs, but not both. That means that I have to load everything in mono, and then pan the stereo outputs right/left. In other hosts, I simply enable the outputs, and the mono outs go to the mono outs, and the stereo outs are in one stereo channel. It's a pain because of using effects. Not only do I have to load twice the amount of effects for stereo outs, one for right and one for left, some effects don't behave well when used on a panned mono output instead of a dedicated stereo output.

Any chance we'll see this implemented in the future?

edit: feature already available - modified subject - sc
2016/02/19 00:40:23
scook
While the "Insert Soft Synth Options" dialog will only create stereo or mono tracks, it is possible to add a mix of stereo and mono tracks to a soft synth. See the AD2 templates in http://blog.cakewalk.com/drum-maps-ad2-in-sonar/
2016/02/19 15:04:45
brundlefly
To get there yourself, let SONAR create all mono output tracks, then change the Input assignment of one side of each pair that should be stereo to stereo, and delete the redundant tracks. Then save that as a track template.

2016/02/19 22:54:57
Resonant Serpent
Thanks for the advice. Got it sorted. Much better!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account