• Software
  • How to Use Cakewalk DX and DXi in Studio One! Really! (p.6)
2017/11/29 05:14:20
BENT
Solved

2017/11/29 05:16:00
cboshuizen
Amicus717
This works in Samplitude Pro X3. They all show up, they all work -- except for the Sonitus Compressor. Output is garbled and distorted for that one, no idea why. 

Yep, for me too. That's the one I use the most. Oh well...

2017/11/29 06:01:55
cboshuizen
By the way, MIDI FX work too. If you copy the mfxshell.x64.dll as well, you can insert Sonar's midi fx. In Studio One the patcher didn't seem to have a midi-out mapping, so the only useful one was Chord Analyzer (which, by the way, I am shocked I only just discovered!!!)

And in FL Studio as well

Where I could get most of the others working too, although the seemed a bit fragile:

2017/11/29 06:34:51
Anderton
losguy
Oh man! The Sonitus Compressor is a favorite go-to for transparent sweetening. Was so hopeful till I read that part. But still, thanks Mr. Anderton for the great tips!

You can use the Sonitus SurroundComp, just don't use all of it...treat it like a two-channel compressor, select L/R,  and it works fine. I wasn't so concerned about the Sonitus Compressor because the Studio One compressor is very similar, with a few improvements. 
2017/11/29 07:08:43
TranceCanada
cboshuizen
By the way, MIDI FX work too. If you copy the mfxshell.x64.dll as well, you can insert Sonar's midi fx. In Studio One the patcher didn't seem to have a midi-out mapping, so the only useful one was Chord Analyzer (which, by the way, I am shocked I only just discovered!!!)

And in FL Studio as well

Where I could get most of the others working too, although the seemed a bit fragile:

How were you able to get it working FL? I've been trying and can't get any of then to show up
2017/11/29 07:26:16
cboshuizen
TranceC[quote
How were you able to get it working FL? I've been trying and can't get any of then to show up

1. install mfxshell.x64.dll 
2. open plugin manager and rescan
3. filter plugins by "cakewalk" and check the check boxes for each plugin. Close the manager. 
4. now, when you open the plugin picker (F8) you should see them all.

When you insert them into a patcher, the first thing you need to do is go to the plugin properties (for the MFX, not the patcher) and set the midi input and output channels to 0. It is only then that the green input button will appear. Otherwise, you won't be able to route to them. 
2017/11/29 07:42:12
RaymondVanMelzen
Works like a charm. Thanks Craig!
2017/11/29 13:41:03
Studioguy1
Thanks Craig.  I would still like to see you rally support and take over the Cakewalk stuff.  Maybe if we knew what the heck they wanted for it.  geez.
2017/11/29 16:29:12
losguy
Anderton
You can use the Sonitus SurroundComp, just don't use all of it...treat it like a two-channel compressor, select L/R,  and it works fine. I wasn't so concerned about the Sonitus Compressor because the Studio One compressor is very similar, with a few improvements. 

Thanks Craig - that's great news on both fronts!

I have placed my order for SOP and look forward to checking out everything in it, including whatever gems like these that you uncover.
2017/11/30 17:05:01
musicroom
Thanks Craig! I use the "surround" plug a lot for interesting textures. Would not want to be without that one!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account