• Software
  • How to Use Cakewalk DX and DXi in Studio One! Really! (p.7)
2017/11/30 17:35:29
Anderton
Studioguy1
Thanks Craig.  I would still like to see you rally support and take over the Cakewalk stuff.  Maybe if we knew what the heck they wanted for it.  geez.

Unfortunately that train has left the station. I'm not part of Gibson, there is no Cakewalk, and I want to get involved in other projects...one of which I've been wanting to do for 30 years, and now I can. There will also be a line of effects coming out next year, and I believe they represent something that hasn't been done before. 
2017/11/30 17:45:37
losguy
Anderton
Unfortunately that train has left the station. I'm not part of Gibson, there is no Cakewalk, and I want to get involved in other projects...one of which I've been wanting to do for 30 years, and now I can. There will also be a line of effects coming out next year, and I believe they represent something that hasn't been done before. 

A little sad, but at the same time very, very cool!
2017/11/30 19:27:34
emwhy
Just a follow-up to Craig's original post. I was able to do this with the 32 bit versions of the Sonitus plug-ins as well as I have both 32 & 64 bit versions of Sonar on my work PC. All the DX effects show-up now as vsts in Adobe Audition so it clearly works with a lot of programs. Of course as many have posted the compressor is the lone holdout in the Sonitus suite. But it seems like a good method and should I ever decide to migrate DAWS I will keep this in mind. 

I haven't tried this with DX synths yet, but can't see why it wouldn't work.

PS This was with Adobe Auditon 3 on Win 10....take heart my friends, old DAWS never really die!!!

2017/11/30 21:02:33
Muzock
Can it goes in Sonar?
2017/12/06 12:12:11
Zo
Yessir
2017/12/06 12:24:09
ChrisBlack
Wow thanks Craig!

Definitely doing the Studio One thing, but....I will always have and Use Sonar for a lot of stuff, but now I can use all those yummy DXi effects too!

Epic find! (Sonitus Delay is still my Go-to for a quik delay that just works!)

2017/12/08 11:56:33
emwhy
Slightly OT but after working with Studio one I noticed that my 32 bit vsts and vstis that I have wrapped with jBridge also show up and work well in the 64 bit version of the program. It's EXTREMELY rare that I use those anymore, but I still have a soft spot for the Waves R Comp and L2. 

2017/12/08 13:29:53
kevmsmith81
So, the Sonitus plugins aren't standard VST plugins?  Good to know, as the Sonitus reverb and compressor are basically my go-to for those effects as they're so simple to use and sound great.

Anyone know if this will work in Reaper?  I'd like to get Studio One eventually as I used their free version before I bought Sonar and loved it, but it's a little beyond my price range currently as I'm a little financially stretched at the moment.
2017/12/08 13:32:28
pwalpwal
the sonitus with sonar are dx, but they did have them available for sale as a separate purchase, including vst versions, but no x64 unfortunately
2017/12/08 14:34:33
azslow3
kevmsmith81
So, the Sonitus plugins aren't standard VST plugins?  Good to know, as the Sonitus reverb and compressor are basically my go-to for those effects as they're so simple to use and sound great.

They are so called DX/DXi. But they exist in 32bit AND in 64bit. Unlike VST, they are not bit-bridged. So if you install Sonar 64bit, you get 64bit versions of these plug-ins.

Anyone know if this will work in Reaper?  I'd like to get Studio One eventually as I used their free version before I bought Sonar and loved it, but it's a little beyond my price range currently as I'm a little financially stretched at the moment.

Yes. Natively (so you do not need to read this lengthy thread for workarounds...).
I some problems with GUIs of some archaic CW DXi (the GUI is "cut"), but there is no such problem with any Sonitus DX. There is "sonar like" theme mentioned in the Software board, it creates Sonitus EQ instance on new tracks by default, to imitate "ProChannel" (really more Sonar 8- filter) feeling

EDIT: I am corrected, 2 Sonitus DXes are not working: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3705420

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account