2015/11/24 17:16:30
chakkman
Hi,

i just installed the new Version of Z3TA, but it didn't let me choose the VST Folder, instead it just installed itself into /ProgramFiles/Cakewalk/Vstplugins. Any idea how i get it to let me choose the VST path? And is there an english changelog to see the changes please?

I install Z3TA as a normal user btw, not logged into Windows with an admin account, if that helps. I somehow suspect it could be a UAC issue.

Edit: Hmm... now i uninstalled it, and deleted a registry key in HKLM which obviously held some Information about the VST and installation paths, and which probably was a left over of an old Z3TA 2 installation, tried to reinstall Z3TA, and it already knows the content folder, and doesn't let me change it, which i chose on the last installation. Where do all those infos come from? And which file do i have to delete, to get rid of those Infos, to be able to fresh install Z3TA 2?

Edit 2: Ok, worked now after installing the Cakewalk command center, and setting up the VST folders in it.
2015/11/24 21:21:30
Doktor Avalanche
Also try verbose mode in CCC settings.
2015/11/24 21:50:49
Snehankur
I have only these on the download page:

Z3TA+ 2 Setup (Windows) File Size: ~ 34.55 MBs
Z3TA+ 2.1.2 Setup (Mac) File Size: ~ 14.48 MBs 
Polybius Expansion Pack for Z3TA 2 File Size: ~ 87.07 KBs 
Z3TA 2 Free Mutant Patches File Size: ~ 8.48 KBs
2015/11/24 23:24:46
aidanodr
Hi Guys,

Z3TA+2 puts itself in 2 different places?

1. c:\ProgramFiles\Cakewalk
2. C:\audio data\Vstplugins64\z3ta+ 2  ( my 64bit vst path )

It seems to get all its programs / presets from inside the Vstplugins64\z3ta+ 2 folder not the Cakewalk Content folder. This OK/Correct?

Im trying to track down old Z3TA+ 2 stuff and delete instead of having duplicates.

Have any of the presets changed or been added to in the new version?

2015/11/25 07:55:33
chakkman
Had a problem yesterday that the oscillator controls went blank when i switched the oscillator mode, e.g. from normal, sync to multi, free. Can anyone confirm that? Like, there had been a blank space where the knobs and the menus were.

LFO modulation of the waveshapers seems to work now, without losing the modulation.
2015/11/25 10:08:34
chakkman
Reported 2 bugs now, which are reproducible 100%. Try to change the osc mode in the oscillator window after having create an init patch, and changed waveform to sawtooth, probably works with any other waveform too. The result is not only that the menu field where you can left and right click to change the osc mode reacts very slow (just like any other of those fields too btw, for any element of the synth), but also, if you changed osc mode a couple of time by left and right clicking, and then choosing an osc mode from the drop down menu which opens when you click on the arrow of the menu, the whole GUI Elements of the osc element are going blank, and all of the menu fields too. See the Picture.

Hope that will get fixed soon.
2015/11/25 11:37:41
Christopher Brown [Cakewalk]
chakkman
Reported 2 bugs now, which are reproducible 100%. Try to change the osc mode in the oscillator window after having create an init patch, and changed waveform to sawtooth, probably works with any other waveform too. The result is not only that the menu field where you can left and right click to change the osc mode reacts very slow (just like any other of those fields too btw, for any element of the synth), but also, if you changed osc mode a couple of time by left and right clicking, and then choosing an osc mode from the drop down menu which opens when you click on the arrow of the menu, the whole GUI Elements of the osc element are going blank, and all of the menu fields too. See the Picture.

Thanks for the heads up. In which DAW are you seeing these issues?
2015/11/25 11:58:00
waltercruz
There's a geek changelog? I would like to know what is included on 'Dozens of fixes and enhancements'
2015/11/25 12:51:06
chakkman
Christopher Brown [Cakewalk]
chakkman

Thanks for the heads up. In which DAW are you seeing these issues?

That's Cubase Elements 8 64-bit. Will also try Studio One 2 Producer 64-bit later.
2015/11/25 13:45:21
chakkman
Wasn't able to reproduce the issue on Studio One Producer 2, and also, it isn't so sluggish when switching through the parameters when left- or right-clicking on the parameter fields. So, could be an issue in Cubase only.

Btw, thanks for looking into this, much appreciated. :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account