2016/02/14 12:20:41
keneds
How about a project specific spreadsheet type of screen where you can list the details of track names or numbers, synth types, effects, type of guitar or bass used ( I own and use plenty), settings, levels, tunings, time sigs, notes, etc......and make it printable. That way we could have a reference to all the fine details that go into a project outside of the project screen.
2016/02/15 07:12:47
robert_e_bone
There are some freely distributed tools that can be added to Sonar, and there is a thread somewhere that describes the various tools - If nobody else offers the link, when I wake back up I will find it for you.

Anyways, there some project inventory type tools that folks have written and posted them to these forum.

For MY purposes, I usually create one or several documents with all sorts of notes and such. I place these project notes into usually a Notepad text file, or a Word document, but whatever you are happy using would work.  I DID look at the various tools/utilities offered by some of the forum members, but I am pleased that the way I maintain such notes works for me, use whatever works for you.

One of the benefits of my keeping such information in separate fashion/files, is that if my project gets corrupted, or whatever - ALL of my notes are still safe, because they live outside the project itself.  I DO place them into a sub-folder within the project's project folder, called Project Notes.  Wherever that project goes, those project notes always go with the project.

I sure hope you find something that meets your needs, with either something like what I describe above, OR maybe with one or more of the utilities others built for Sonar and placed in the forums for review and download.

Bob Bone

2016/02/15 13:58:38
arlen2133
Bob,
You posted the link on the other one.. So I'll post it here.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3238243

thanks again Bob!  Will help out a lot!
2016/02/17 18:44:28
williamcopper
This would seem to be such an easy improvement, +1.    I used to use an ancient add-on, dxpad, but it would be way better to have some kind of simple sticky note editor within Platinum.  Would be worth at least a monthly upgrade fee.....
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account