2018/04/26 10:25:31
rebel007
Some may remember a few months back my iLok died and I had a bit of a rant about how I was unable to use some of the plugs I had purchased. These included the Softube mix bundle, and Vocalign to name just two that I use regularly. Foolishly, maybe, I hadn't transferred any of the licenses to a particular computer, I just relied on plugging in the iLok to whichever computer I was using at the time.
However, I have eventually bit the bullet, paid the price, and sent an email to Pace to have the broken iLok replaced along with transfer of the licenses to said new iLok.
I have to say I'm impressed so far. Yesterday I received a temporary iLok, with temporary licenses, via express email and detailed instructions on sending my faulty product to be replaced.
Ok, I'm impressed with the service, but I'm still not happy using an iLok to use software.
2018/04/26 11:55:15
The Maillard Reaction
2018/04/26 12:08:55
Daibhidh
Use insurance and tracking! Specifically if you have expensive licenses.
2018/04/27 02:29:22
rebel007
Yes, tracking and insurance has to be used
2018/04/27 14:30:59
The Maillard Reaction
2018/04/27 15:03:20
jude77
mister happy
I can't imagine how much fun it will be to try to convince a claims adjuster that a $7 USB stick is actually worth hundreds or thousands of dollars.

For example; you can insure a box of air, but you can not easily collect the claimed value if the underwriter is resistant to the idea that the air in the box isn't worth what you said it was.

When iLok sends you the new iLok it is actually only worth the $7 to the iLok company. They can elect to send you another if the first gets lost. When the end user returns their iLok it is imagined to be worth far more than the cost of the stick. It is a double standard.

Which brings me back to; What happens if a broken iLok gets lost in the return mail?

I don't know what you do professionally, but you should consider law!  That's a very reasonable argument.  I wondering though, if your iLOK is lost in the mail, and you could prove you had sent it, if iLOK doesn't have some type of contingency for that.  It's certainly a question that should be referred to them.
2018/04/28 12:48:39
jerrypettit
I've written off $1000+ of software I've bought over the years that used iLok , and I will never use it again.  Just not worth the aggravation.  It's a dealbreaker for me.
2018/04/29 19:23:02
Grem
jerrypettit

I've written off $1000+ of software I've bought over the years that used iLok , and I will never use it again.  Just not worth the aggravation.  It's a dealbreaker for me.

I had a run-in with them long long ago.  I can assure you it will never happen again.

I will use whatever I have to, but will never give another penny to iLok.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account