2015/11/04 17:02:51
scook
I think I have every freebie made for Rapture. They are all pretty simple in that they contain two parts, a program folder and sometimes a samples folder. I would be surprised if they required more than moving into the appropriate RPro paths.

When it comes to the "LFO Waveforms," RPro has the same restriction as the original Rapture. Unlike the original Rapture, the default installation of RPro comes with a full set of waveforms in the "LFO Wavesforms" folder. I have not looked at them so I cannot say if they are the same as the files supplied by U120. There are two other packages which come will full LFO folders from Galbanum. To use a particular packages LFO folder requires actually swapping out the folders.

In Windows, the RPro EG and SG folders are located with the programs folder. Copying the contents of the old Rapture EG and SG folders into the new location worked for me.
2015/11/04 19:02:15
chad
dewdman42
I have contacted fisound already.  I did buy directly from them once upon a time.  Maybe they will send an updated installer.  I was able to get some programs working already by moving programs and multis underneath the new RPro folder.  Still need to make sure I'm moving all the EG, SG and LFO stuff also the right way.

I also want a better understanding of the issue so that I can move some other freebie stuff I have and just to know in general how it works so I can troubleshoot it myself in the future rather then just rely on the manufacturer to send me a black box installer that just does what its supposed to do and other stuff with less support I will still not know what to do.

Hi,

I got your message and sent you updated installers for U120V2.  Rapture Pro will import any 3rd party expansion packs you had installed for Rapture during the installation.  But you can always manually copy over Rapture expansions to Rapture Pro:

Program Content:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Rapture Content/Programs

to

/Users/Shared/Cakewalk Content/Rapture Pro/Programs

Multisample Content:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Rapture Content/Multisamples

to

/Users/Shared/Cakewalk Content/Cakewalk Sample Data/  or  Your custom Rapture Pro Multisample content location.

Extra files such as EG and SG presets are stored in your /Users/Shared/Cakewalk Content/Rapture Pro/ folder.

Hope that helps! 
Chad

2015/11/04 22:34:30
dewdman42
Chad thanks for the updated installer and thanks to both of you guys for explaining the way RPro works in terms of reading the directories.  Not too complicated I should be able to move stuff around.

So its fair to say that .prog files search for multisample files by the "base name" and not a full pathname, and it goes to the location specified in prefs or registry for the multi samples folder?  When things are nested inside subdirs of that folder, can the prog still find them or do the progs generally have the subdirs, when applicable, saved as part of the prog definition for each multisample?  In other words, if a multisample was located in a subdir of multi samples, will a prog expect it to be in that exact subdir, or does RPro find all multi samples under the root multi samples dir by base name in some way?  I'm guessing the sudirs matter, but just checking.
2015/11/05 02:55:55
dewdman42
have any of you gotten the Muz3um free expansion to work in RPro?  It doesn't find the multi samples but they are there in the right place.  Part of my wonders if RPro on the mac is sensitive to case-sensitive file names or something, but I'm not sure yet.  

2015/11/05 07:28:50
chad
dewdman42
Chad thanks for the updated installer and thanks to both of you guys for explaining the way RPro works in terms of reading the directories.  Not too complicated I should be able to move stuff around.

So its fair to say that .prog files search for multisample files by the "base name" and not a full pathname, and it goes to the location specified in prefs or registry for the multi samples folder?  When things are nested inside subdirs of that folder, can the prog still find them or do the progs generally have the subdirs, when applicable, saved as part of the prog definition for each multisample?  In other words, if a multisample was located in a subdir of multi samples, will a prog expect it to be in that exact subdir, or does RPro find all multi samples under the root multi samples dir by base name in some way?  I'm guessing the sudirs matter, but just checking.

Yes the programs search for the samples off of the Multisamples folder in a relative path.  Nested Sub-folder paths are also saved and important to keep the structure intact from the originally saved programs.  However if you've loaded a program that can't find a sample you'll see Rapture Pro search a number of paths in attempt to find it in the Log file. 

dewdman42
have any of you gotten the Muz3um free expansion to work in RPro?  It doesn't find the multi samples but they are there in the right place.  Part of my wonders if RPro on the mac is sensitive to case-sensitive file names or something, but I'm not sure yet. 

Yes I've got them working.  The installers on PatchArena are outdated and will only install to Rapture 1.0 paths.  Installing Rapture Pro with Muz3uM installed should properly copy them over with all the rest of your Rapture 1.0 content.  I can PM you a link of the loose Muz3uM files so you can perform a manually installation.  Everything seems to load fine for me here on both Windows and OS X. 

2015/11/05 11:45:57
dewdman42
Hmm weird.  I did install to the new location and then I moved the files to the new location and the progs don't find the multi samples.  if I manually load each multi sample (from the new location)  then they read in just fine and work.  But loading the prog doesn't find the multi sample on its own.
2015/11/07 00:13:49
dewdman42
Muz3um is the only expansion I can't seem to get working.  Any suggestions about how to make that work would be appreciated.  I installed it into the old location.  Moved all the multi samples from there to the new location (they are not in a subdir in either place.  Moved all the programs.  The programs don't find the samples.

Anyone have any idea?
2015/11/07 00:24:23
scook
When adding Muz3um to RPro in Windows the Muz3uM multisamples are in a Muz3uM folder under the Rapture Pro Multisamples folder.

Try enabling logging in the RPro options menu. The log will detail the paths used to search for the samples. The logs are stored in the Logs folder in the same path with the Programs folder.
2015/11/07 01:24:48
dewdman42
That helped a lot.  Thanks!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account