2015/11/17 04:43:02
Freakwave
Hi,

i'm looking for the elements files for rapture on my computer.
The files should have the extension " *.elem "
Yet i cant find them anywhere.
I do have (and can find) the program files. On my computer these are found here:
C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture
No elements in that folder though

I use sonar platinum.

Greetings,
F.
2015/11/17 10:17:09
AT
I don't think there are separate elements (I've never used any) - it is akin to voices in synth terminology, which is even more confusing since voices can refer to other things.

You have programs as the top level.  Elements are more like single-voice patches, including the sample.  Up to 6 elements create programs.  You can save an element, I guess, but again, I've never done that.  I just turn off the other elements and save the program with the elements how I like them (even single element programs that has other elements turned off.  Elements are kind of a mid step - you would only save one if you wanted to transfer it to another program.  I don't think Rapture has any actual elements saved.

@
2015/11/17 10:54:37
scook
I have C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs\Elements. The content, 34 files in 8 folders, appear to be from around 2006. I am not sure if the folder or its content are included in the current version of Rapture.
2015/11/17 13:40:40
Paul P

The only folder on my system that contains .elem files is the "Universal 120" sound pack /Elements folder.

2015/11/17 13:58:08
scook
I did not look for elements in 3rd party libs. I opened Rapture, right-clicked on an element and selected "Load Element" and it opened the Elements folder in Rapture programs. Like I said, they appear to be old. My guess is they were dropped from recent installers. That said U120 is much more than a collection of presets. I scanned my entire program folder, pretty sure I have most of the expansion packs both free and paid, and U120 is the only one with elements.

2015/11/18 04:47:59
Freakwave
thanks for all you input, guys.

F.
2015/11/18 19:03:57
b rock
IIRC, Rapture 1.0 had a handful of Elements 'outside' the Program structure, and the default file location changed in RP 1.1.  I'm of the opinion that the Element component is the most underutilized and misunderstood level of that synth's hierarchy.  It's perfect for a Lego-like approach (as an expansion pack concept).

For the U120 contribution, I thought it would be cool to emulate the Filter and Tremolo Sequences in the AdrenaLinn III stompbox pedal.   I spent an inordinate amount of time on exact matching.  The 'Arpeggiator' Sequences were supposed to be included as well.  But I just couldn't force Rapture's resonant delays to a fine enough resolution for producing 'pitched' sequences. 

My intent with the U120 Elements was to add the ability to mix & match / drag & drop Elements, in Program creation.  The Elements themselves are basic square .wavs, but with the appropriate filter settings, envelopes, and sequencers for emulating the baked-in ADR III presets.  Many of these Elements are complementary building blocks.

Warning: Set the Limiter first.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account