2016/07/20 18:58:35
Jeffiphone
My computer is 99% used for Sonar Platinum. The only time I use it for something else is to update SPLAT via CCC, or update VST's, or drivers, and the occasional internet surfing.

Recently when running Sonar, I checked my Task Manager just to see what was running. The only app was Sonar, but there were 76 background processes running. I'm assuming I don't need hardly any of these, except the ones that are needed to run Sonar via Windows.

I'll probably have this done by an IT guy, cuz I'm not computer savvy to say the least. But can anyone tell me what are the essential background processes I absolutely need and those I can disable?

Thanks so much.

~Jeff
2016/07/20 19:17:01
dwardzala
I think you will need more of them than you think.  Use google to see what each one is for.  Many of them are drivers for your hardware and other windows stuff.
2016/07/24 16:23:40
kitekrazy1
More detailed system specs might give us a better clue. It guys can be clueless when it comes to how you will use your system. What OS?

You might be surprised the removing background processes don't offer much difference in performance.

I've stopped tweaking after XP.  In W10 I disable Cortana and other features not because of resources but annoyances.
2016/07/24 20:17:07
slartabartfast
If it ain't broke don't f**k it. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account