• Software
  • Bass players , let s talk bass amp sim here ...
2018/04/08 20:53:37
Zo
Hi guyz , i need you guyz expetise on this one ...

I m a bass head that still never bought a bass lol , but one thing for sure i know what sound i like and what i don t like ...

Few weeks ago i decided update my arsenal in the amp area , since i use more and more those tools even on synths ect ...anyway , Eddie hooked me with Th3 witch a killer bang for the buck , basically the first time i heard great cabinets itb ...

Anyway the bass option in it are greatvbut only 4 amps , two of them are ampeg s ...

I m trying as i write amplitube 4 ampegs stuff , and also the uad aka brainworx ones ...and i m surprise by the differences in tone and distortion structure ....

I m also testing postiive grid witch is great ....

So what s you guys thought , i also consider mark studio 2 but i m not a fan of the cabinets there while the alps are really "big"

I noticed th3 stuff are really mid and cuts through mixes , lack's some body but usually where i would cut lol , but you have this 3d that i don t have with brainworx rec chains and amps sim , i m finding amplitube more 2 dry ...but once tweaked with fx and room it start to shine ...

I tested kuassa witch is great also

So what do you guyz think , and is there the holy grail of bass amps solution around that i didn t find yet ....this area (bass) seels to be hard to get right itb ...
2018/04/08 20:57:08
Zo
By the way this is what i found as refernce , exellent video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e2yJMsB9z8w
2018/04/08 21:37:13
Soundwise
Depends on what you are trying to achieve. CLA Bass is great for any genre and style of playing. Also Sheps Parallel Particles works wonders for a well recorded bass. Usually, Cakewalk ProChannel works great for me. I don't like amped bass much and rather prefer DI bass instead.

2018/04/08 21:46:12
Sidroe
In the Amplitube Custom Shop are Trace Elliot, Galien-Krueger, etc. If you have Amplitude.
2018/04/08 23:31:05
Zo
I tried galien on uad and it s exellent , didn t know about trace elliot

To tell the truth i m kinda lost in samplitube witch what s included and whats not , on witch versions ect ...i m testing the ampeg vol 1and 2 and presets keep telling this stomp missing , this mic missing ext ...pain !!

Soundwise , i want amped , need that grit a little 70 uk style but with the body mark bass can add , for kniw i dual amping , one for the bodybthe other forthe caracter ( not specifically a bass amp there )

My question could also be witch one really capture the best emulations ... because i m not using real bass amp since ages ... and wanted real bass players input ... ideally i m looking for a versatyle solution .....
2018/04/09 00:53:17
Kamikaze
Overlouds Mark Studio is on sale in JRR for $58. Good range of Markbass amps and cabs that have a different tone to the Ampegs
https://www.jrrshop.com/overloud-mark-studio
2018/04/09 01:29:14
Zo
Kamikaze
Overlouds Mark Studio is on sale in JRR for $58. Good range of Markbass amps and cabs that have a different tone to the Ampegs
https://www.jrrshop.com/overloud-mark-studio

Yep i see that , i m trying one by one , quite like the fender tone (bassman 59 if i recall)
2018/04/09 12:36:20
Sidroe
I use mainly Mark Studio now but Audiffex has a free and pro version of GK Amplification Pro of which I used the free version for more years than I like to admit. It was killer!!! So much so that I finally got the pay version when I could afford it. It still finds its way in to projects now. Great plug and very low on cpu.
2018/04/09 13:13:58
tlw
The second set of Amplitube Ampeg emulations aren’t bad at all if you want the various flavours of Ampeg. Actually the first set are pretty reasonable as well, but I think the second are better. The Ampeg pedal emulations in the first set are amongst the best Amplitube has to offer in my opinion.

More often than not though I run the bass into an MXR bass preamp or DI the bass into an LA-2A emulation followed by Pultec-style eqs.

I generally don’t go for distortion on bass guitar because I find it loses low end and impact and the harmonics from the distortion start fighting for space with other stuff in the mids, but when I do want it I usually use Softube’s Saturation Knob. Another approach would be to emulate Lemmy’s Marshalls into 4x12s and 4x15s but the Marshall bass amps and cabs don’t seem to attract the attention of the emulation coders much.

Amplitube’s Orange bass amp can also do a pretty good overdriven tone, though it’s not a particularly close emulation of the real thing. It sounds OK, just not very “Orange” in my personal opinion.

As for the ‘59 Fender Bassman combo one oddity about it is that the 4x10” speakers can’t reproduce the fundamentals of the lower end of a bass very well. What Fender cleverly did was design the amp to emphasise the octave up harmonics so bassists could have a transportable amp that gave a good impression of deep bass rather than lugging around the heavy wardrobe-sized 15” or 18” cabinets that were the usual approach to amplifying bass back in the 1950s.
2018/04/09 14:50:17
Marshall
Sidroe
I use mainly Mark Studio now but Audiffex has a free and pro version of GK Amplification Pro of which I used the free version for more years than I like to admit. It was killer!!! So much so that I finally got the pay version when I could afford it. It still finds its way in to projects now. Great plug and very low on cpu.

Sid, you put me onto the free GK, and I have never looked back! I should check out the paid version, but I don't need a million bass sounds, and if it's just more tweakability I think I'll stick with the free one, which sounds excellent to my ears.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account