• Software
  • Bass players , let s talk bass amp sim here ... (p.2)
2018/04/09 16:24:20
KingsMix
Marshall
Sidroe
I use mainly Mark Studio now but Audiffex has a free and pro version of GK Amplification Pro of which I used the free version for more years than I like to admit. It was killer!!! So much so that I finally got the pay version when I could afford it. It still finds its way in to projects now. Great plug and very low on cpu.

Sid, you put me onto the free GK, and I have never looked back! I should check out the paid version, but I don't need a million bass sounds, and if it's just more tweakability I think I'll stick with the free one, which sounds excellent to my ears.

+1 
I use the Audified GK Amplification Pro2.
I got it when they were running some type of special promotion on it. 
Although it's not free, its well worth the investment.

2018/04/09 19:38:43
abacab
Sidroe
I use mainly Mark Studio now but Audiffex has a free and pro version of GK Amplification Pro of which I used the free version for more years than I like to admit. It was killer!!! So much so that I finally got the pay version when I could afford it. It still finds its way in to projects now. Great plug and very low on cpu.

+1 on the free Audiffex Gallien-Krueger!

It pairs well with the free Ample P-Bass 'Ample Bass P Lite II'.  Really beefs up the tone! 
http://www.amplesound.net/en/pro-pd.asp?id=19
2018/04/09 20:26:49
Sidroe
Glad I could help!!!!!!
2018/04/09 20:29:28
bandso
Another thumbs up on the Audiffex Gallien-Krueger. The Amplutube Ampeg collection is really good too.
2018/04/09 21:39:37
Soundwise
Zo
Soundwise , i want amped , need that grit a little 70 uk style but with the body mark bass can add , for kniw i dual amping , one for the bodybthe other forthe caracter ( not specifically a bass amp there )

My question could also be witch one really capture the best emulations ... because i m not using real bass amp since ages ... and wanted real bass players input ... ideally i m looking for a versatyle solution .....

I see.
Well for reamping Amplitude is fine. Doesn't work great for me. YMMV.
For live playing and reamping too Audiffex is hard to beat. Besides Gallien Krueger they also have pedals galore with some excellent bass effects.
For reamping it's important to have right amount of grit and compression with some EQ. But the most important part is the cabinet sound. Getting great impulse responses will work better than any all-in-one package.
With that in mind I'd also recommend getting Ampeg amp-sim by Kazrog and bass cabs by Peavey. This won't cost you a fortune, but you'll be able to get excellent results. In fact, I prefer ReValver to all other amp-sims.
So It's $9 for Kazrog Ampeg + $ for ReValver RIR2 + (optional) $5 for 3rd party VST support for RV4 + bass cabs of your choice. That makes $19 +  $ 2 per each bass cab. Not bad, huh?
2018/04/09 22:54:11
Zo
Was , indeed cheap ...
2018/04/11 16:53:15
jackson white
I don't use them, but this was recommended on the S-Gear forum and is on sale for cheap. 

https://www.kuassa.com/pr...32-353dc4c2-a601 
2018/04/11 19:09:06
HeatherHaze
How about NI's Guitar Rig 5?
2018/04/12 16:51:58
Zo
HeatherHaze

Never liked it ...sounds to artificial for me but i use it more like a color box , like waves gtr 3
2018/04/12 16:55:25
Lynn
HeatherHaze

I use GR5 all the time and like it.  I don't agree with the above statement, but I guess it depends how you set GR5 up, and the bass and style you are playing.  TH3 has some good bass amps, as well. YMMV
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account