• Software
  • Which way does Sonars pro chan flow? (p.2)
2018/04/21 04:48:31
dubdisciple
Kamikaze I think there is much more potential for pro channel development. If the cakewalk loyal stick around and newbies latch on due to it being free, the potential customer base may make it worthwhile. Nice mockups btw.
2018/04/21 06:34:36
Kamikaze
Yeah, BandLabs model, the custmer bass can get really big, and change the prospective for devepers

I've also wondered abut an FXChain Theme Editor.  A sort of modular set up FX chain set up, where you can design a mini GUI

There could be 5 sizes, effectively 5 rows. Within each row you can select if each row contains the optin to contain:
Module options
VU metre
2 controller per row
3 controller per row
4 controller per row
5 controller per row
horizntal fader row

Controller options
knobs -polar, bi polar
switches - 2,3,4,5,6 way

Faceplates Library - 5 sizes of faceplate PNG files, so users can add and design their own.

Althugh a job for Bandlab, once done, 3rd parties wuldn't need to do anything. Users can do it for themselves and share with each others. 

2018/04/21 11:22:01
reevant
I see the discussion on Pro Channel modules and other branded VSTs. Only recently did I ever use the VST chain in Pro Channel because I wanted to add stuff both in the Pro Channel and look at stuff such as a spectrum analyser and a lufs meter in the fx bay after the pro channel. Seems to work ok. This has me using add ons in the Pro Channel or have I missed somethings?
2018/04/21 23:26:05
coltpeacemaker
So what's the purpose off using the FX in either pre or post? Can someone give me a example off when id used this! Sorry its been so long since i've used Sonar as i've mostly been on Ableton and have forgotten a lot that i used to know... 
Cheers
2018/04/21 23:31:47
dubdisciple
coltpeacemaker
So what's the purpose off using the FX in either pre or post? Can someone give me a example off when id used this! Sorry its been so long since i've used Sonar as i've mostly been on Ableton and have forgotten a lot that i used to know... 
Cheers

To make sure I am responding to proper intent of question, are you asking about using fx in general pre or post fader or pro channel specifically?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account