• Computers
  • CME UF5 Controller Keyboard with Windows 7, Sonar X2, RME Babyface
2013/02/07 09:08:50
fireberd
This was posted by a user on another forum.  Anyone have an answer for him?

I have a CME UF5 and I can't find drivers for Windows 7. I have a RME Babyface Audio/MIDI interface using Sonar X2 Producer. Am I correct in thinking that I simply need to plug a cable from the MIDI out on the CME to the MIDI in on the Babyface? If so, is this the only option?

2013/02/14 20:58:21
Fog
that CME unit, depends on what ports it has.. down to the company to update the drives..

at worse they could just get a midi interface with decent drivers and use the CME.. 

only problem is powering it, does it do it over the USB bus or separate PSU ?

it might even use windows own midi code ? and a virtual midi driver.. much like yamaha used to use a virtual midi port for a few things I have.

2013/03/08 20:09:04
JTMusicVA
I have that same controller. There is no support for it for Windows 7 - I think the company blew it off for the later model controllers they are trying to sell.
Power it with the power supply, DON'T connect the USB cable to it, and simply use MIDI - use it as a simple MIDI controller.
Not the answer we want, but, it is how it is...... sorry...
2013/03/11 17:10:14
Kalle Rantaaho
JTMusicVA

I have that same controller. There is no support for it for Windows 7 - I think the company blew it off for the later model controllers they are trying to sell.
Power it with the power supply, DON'T connect the USB cable to it, and simply use MIDI - use it as a simple MIDI controller.
Not the answer we want, but, it is how it is...... sorry...
My experience as well. Got nothing out of it properly with USB even with Win XP.

2016/07/16 21:50:44
buildingsees
the only solution for this is to power it with a dc power supply and connect midi through the standard midi out to your hardware or to a computer using a usb interface.  I had the uf5, and had to do this.  Then just recently bought a used uf7, that even came with the cd rom with the drivers, but the installation failed (windows 10), even trying it in compatibility mode.  You could try powering it with the usb cable, but then doing so bypasses the standard midi out port and you will not be able to send midi.

kinda sucks, because these are very nice keyboards.

2016/07/17 11:17:08
JonD
buildingsees
the only solution for this is to power it with a dc power supply and connect midi through the standard midi out to your hardware or to a computer using a usb interface.  I had the uf5, and had to do this.  Then just recently bought a used uf7, that even came with the cd rom with the drivers, but the installation failed (windows 10), even trying it in compatibility mode.  You could try powering it with the usb cable, but then doing so bypasses the standard midi out port and you will not be able to send midi.

kinda sucks, because these are very nice keyboards.

I had to do this too (when I used my UF5, which is now in the closet).  BTW, this is a 3-year old thread.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account