2015/10/06 14:03:47
methodman3000
In the first directory I am finding Universal did install but when I click on the loading preset button I get can't find the waveform.  When I press F5 on the browser it blinks the preset browser but still isn't finding the samples even though the directory is created and the sounds are all in there.  Do I need to run Cakewalk as Administrator?  Do I need to put F-Sound in Administrator mode or change the compatibility?  I am using Win8.1
2015/10/06 14:40:30
scook
FWIW, Chad is with Fisound so I thought it would be best to let him handle the issue. You can contact them directly at http://fisound.com/contact/

methodman3000
In the first directory I am finding Universal did install but when I click on the loading preset button I get can't find the waveform.

I cannot follow what is meant by the "first directory" or "preset button."

Usually there is no need to run Rapture or Cakewalk as administrator to get Rapture to function properly.

F5 is only going to rebuild the Rapture browser based on prog file entries in C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs. The F5 function does not know anything about the samples. It is not clear, if after rebuilding the browser, the U120 programs appear. Here is the browser showing the three U120 folders:

If for some reason the browser refresh is not picking up the programs. You could try running SONAR as administrator or directly manipulate the program.lst file as I mention at the end of message #4 above. All F5 does is delete and rebuilt the program.lst file.

The browser refresh does nothing with respect to the EG and SG files though. Those are built on the fly based on the contents of C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\EG (here are the menus when clicking just above the Envelop Generator area)

and C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\SG (here are the menus when right-clicking the Step Sequencer area)

2015/10/06 15:19:31
methodman3000
Discovered I didn't put any drivers in for midi interface I did that now Rapture works with the Universal presets but is not working with the envelope and modulation things. 

#1 directory works
The Program data files is a hidden file and I can't seem to locate how to view it.  In folder options I am not finding the advanced options switch.  How do you do this for 8.1? I hate when Ms eliminates features to make it easier.  !!!  I see no access to an advanced settings menu.  All I see is show all folders but that didn't do anything.  I never had this problem with 7.

2015/10/06 15:45:46
methodman3000
I also don't have the Universal 120 bonus
Visited Folder options again this time it gave me the option so now I see programdata folder. 
Could it be my installation of it Fisound Universal _120v2.001.exe Is that a partial download.  Maybe I will download from cakewalk again.  Multiple installations have not put those eg and sg parts into the right folder. 
I watched the installation into my C Programdata folder and nothing touched it.  Is it possible for me to have accidentally protected that part of my computer?  It seems as if all the installers should work fine.
2015/10/06 15:46:23
methodman3000
Maybe its the virus scanner I need to turn it off so I'll figure that out now.
2015/10/06 15:49:44
scook
The bonus files are separate download directly from http://fisound.com/products/universal-120/
Did you try running the installer as administrator?
2015/10/06 15:59:49
methodman3000
Tried that still didn't work.  It is not installing into the program data directory.  Is there a way to do a manual install?
2015/10/06 16:05:22
scook
Are you able to locate the programs (.prog), EG and SG files? If so, they just need to be moved in the appropriate locations.
2015/10/06 16:17:01
methodman3000
Wow ran as administrator and still nothing.  This is a new computer With an Amd processor that wouldn't matter with it

I sent an email to Chad Thank you to everyone. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account