• Computers
  • windows 10 upgrade Benefits For SONAR Platinum (p.3)
2016/07/15 03:21:57
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
jmasno5
 So, I upgraded with about two weeks to spare.  We'll see how 10 goes.  I have 31 days to go back to 7.

if you created a system image of win7 you can go back to it anytime.

create a system image of win10 as soon as you have all drivers installed and the system roughly tested. in this way you can move forward to win10 anytime later if you decide to revert to win7 now
2016/07/15 07:10:43
Combo
I tried the upgrade about 8-9 times and each time it got as far as the Upgrading Windows stage which is in 3 parts. On the second of these 'installing features and drivers' it would always fail and always on precisely 40% of the upgrade stage and 23% of the 'drivers' part. (It took hours sometimes to get to that point). None of the proposed online solutions helped.

What the problem seems to have been was the M-Audio Delta 2496 soundcard which is now a legacy device and, as I've just found, has no driver support in W10. A couple of days ago I tried with this taken out and the upgrade went through. I put it back in and the card won't work but W10 working OK. So I need a new soundcard.

I also had the iLok Manager problem but found a good solution online (on the V I Control forum) which iirc simply involved going to Services and starting Pace there.
2016/07/15 07:28:30
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Combo
I tried the upgrade about 8-9 times and each time it got as far as the Upgrading Windows stage which is in 3 parts. On the second of these 'installing features and drivers' it would always fail and always on precisely 40% of the upgrade stage and 23% of the 'drivers' part. (It took hours sometimes to get to that point). None of the proposed online solutions helped.

I realized (unfortunately too late) that it would be good practise to uninstall all win7/8 drivers prior to the update. I did it on the main DAW and all worked fine. I forgot on the mobile DAW and could not uninstall one of the Roland drivers after the upgrade (so that's still there but I probably won't plug in the device)...

Combo
What the problem seems to have been was the M-Audio Delta 2496 soundcard which is now a legacy device and, as I've just found, has no driver support in W10. A couple of days ago I tried with this taken out and the upgrade went through. I put it back in and the card won't work but W10 working OK. So I need a new soundcard.

you might want to check on what the guys did over in the Cakewalk Hardware forum to get the legacy Roland drivers working under win10 (driver signing disabled while installation). It might help you and you might have to splash out on a new interface right away ...
2016/07/15 07:53:41
jmasno5
Rob[atSound-Rehab]
jmasno5
 So, I upgraded with about two weeks to spare.  We'll see how 10 goes.  I have 31 days to go back to 7.

if you created a system image of win7 you can go back to it anytime.

create a system image of win10 as soon as you have all drivers installed and the system roughly tested. in this way you can move forward to win10 anytime later if you decide to revert to win7 now

That is a great idea!  Yes, I have an image of 7.  I need to buy a new hard drive for imaging anyway since space is running out.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account