• Features & Ideas
  • Please Allow Turning Take Lanes Off When There is Only One Lane or Track !!!
2016/01/19 11:56:52
javahut
Why would I not be able to restore the track as a single track, without the glowing blue take lanes icon? That icon should indicate if I'm using multiple take lanes for a track. If I'm returning to a single track... I really don't want that glowing blue take lane icon to remain, as it makes me think I have a track using multiple take lanes, when I actually do not.

Seems a better idea to only have the take lane icon glowing blue on tracks that actually still have multiple take lanes. Not on tracks where multiple clips are on a single track or take lane, or on tracks that are really only a single file, even.

Doesn't make sense to me that even just accidentally clicking the take lane icon means that you forever see the take lane icon as active.
2016/01/25 12:19:56
VariousArtist
+1
2016/01/25 12:41:47
brconflict
Yep. This way, the Expand Lanes button status (white vs. blue) can actually mean something.

I will add: Perhaps a default different shade of background color for the Lanes vs. Track. Many times I find myself attempting to edit the track vs. the Lane.
2016/02/03 03:42:04
kb420
I just want to disable "Take Lanes" COMPLETELY!!!!  
2016/02/05 07:51:30
icontakt
When I voted for this request as soon as it appeared, I thought it would only receive a couple of votes before disappearing from the first page.
But.......  9 votes in 3 weeks!!

I'm glad to know that people still have hope for Take lane improvements. 
2016/02/05 08:22:52
dwardzala
kb420

Why?  If you don't want to use them, don't use them.
2016/02/05 09:00:37
icontakt
dwardzala
kb420

Why?  If you don't want to use them, don't use them.

Under certain conditions, two or more lanes are automatically created without the user's knowledge.
2016/02/05 10:19:15
dwardzala
I was not aware of that, what conditions?
2016/02/05 19:32:00
icontakt
dwardzala
I was not aware of that, what conditions?

For example, even with the "Create New Lanes on Overlap" option disabled and the recording mode set to Overwrite or Sound On Sound, recording new MIDI data onto an existing MIDI clip creates an additional lane. Also, although this was fixed recently (a couple of years after I reported it), simply dragging a MIDI file into a MIDI track would add another lane in the background.

It is possible to work in just one lane (expanded) and avoid creating another lane, but this is different from working in the track with no lanes at all. Displaying the lane and working in it has a few disadvantages compared to working in the track with no lanes. For example, the "Fit MIDI Content" command doesn't work in lanes. Also, a lane has a vertical size limit, and cannot be as slim as a minimized track as well.
2016/02/05 20:32:29
lawajava
Good suggestion!  Perhaps the toggle should be on the track and not a universal preference.  Maybe an overall preference would be default off on the toggle, and then you could toggle it on when it applies to your specific track or tracks.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account