• Features & Ideas
  • Please Allow Turning Take Lanes Off When There is Only One Lane or Track !!! (p.2)
2016/02/05 21:06:13
stevec
Just for clarity...  how would the "no lane" option differ from simply never clicking on the Track Lane button?
2016/02/05 23:04:48
icontakt
stevec
Just for clarity...  how would the "no lane" option differ from simply never clicking on the Track Lane button?

Whether you click the Take lane button or not, it turns blue as soon as clips overlap in the track. This confuses a user like me, who intentinally record to two or more lanes in certain (not all) tracks. I want to be able to tell in which tracks I intentionally created lanes, without having to expand all the tracks with the blue Take lane button.
2016/02/06 00:38:19
Kev999
icontakt
...I want to be able to tell in which tracks I intentionally created lanes, without having to expand all the tracks with the blue Take lane button.

It would certainly be helpful to know which tracks have more than one lane without clicking to find out. Maybe a flag or a number displayed on or next to the take lane button would be a useful feature.
2016/02/06 20:20:55
stevec
icontakt
stevec

Whether you click the Take lane button or not, it turns blue as soon as clips overlap in the track. This confuses a user like me, who intentinally record to two or more lanes in certain (not all) tracks. I want to be able to tell in which tracks I intentionally created lanes, without having to expand all the tracks with the blue Take lane button.

Gotcha, thanks.  I was thinking the "no lanes" thing meant physically having no lanes. 

I guess I've never really paid much attention to that button.  I understand its color states, I just don't "use" it/them per se.  

2016/02/07 01:39:52
lawajava
I was using loop recording tonight, capturing take lanes. Then using speed comping to get the best performance bits from like 10 take lanes per overall performance. Then flattening the comp when I had made my selections. It was speedy.

It's a joy. It's brilliant. It's so much fun. I won't complain about them again. Really nice feature of Sonar.
2016/02/07 17:49:59
kb420
lawajava
I was using loop recording tonight, capturing take lanes. Then using speed comping to get the best performance bits from like 10 take lanes per overall performance. Then flattening the comp when I had made my selections. It was speedy.

It's a joy. It's brilliant. It's so much fun. I won't complain about them again. Really nice feature of Sonar.

I'm not against "Take Lanes",  especially for recording audio,  but for loop recording midi data,   I at least want the option of completely shutting it off.  It's just unnecessary and it can be cumbersome when you want to edit midi data.  
2016/02/07 18:42:48
lawajava
kb420
lawajava

I'm not against "Take Lanes",  especially for recording audio,  but for loop recording midi data,   I at least want the option of completely shutting it off.  It's just unnecessary and it can be cumbersome when you want to edit midi data.  

What if you're just jamming on a keyboard and letting the takes get captured in MIDI? Then you can capture your best riffs or bits. Applies as equally useful as audio.
2016/02/07 20:32:20
kb420
lawajavaWhat if you're just jamming on a keyboard and letting the takes get captured in MIDI? Then you can capture your best riffs or bits. Applies as equally useful as audio.

Recording audio is a lot different than recording midi.  In actuality,  it's apples to oranges.  You can edit midi in a way that you can't edit audio.   I've never seen a midi sequencer that handles midi data the way Sonar does,  and like I said,  I don't have anything against it,  but I would like to be able to toggle it off so that Sonar will behave the way it has in so many former versions of Sonar.   As far as I'm concerned,  "Take Lanes" are a relatively new feature in Sonar.  I don't think it was there before X1.   I just want to be able to toggle it off, and I'm certainly not the only one.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account