• Software
  • Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 - possible bug (?) SOLVED
2017/08/27 07:39:40
Marshall
I have the latest version of Sonar Platinum, and on the basis of a rave review by Paul White in September’s Sound on Sound, I have bought MIDI Guitar 2. First impressions are excellent, however, I wonder if there is a bug (or if it’s me).

• I insert a new audio track, put an instance of MIDI Guitar 2 in the effects bin, and switch on input echo.
  • Select “Enable MIDI output” from the VST2 dropdown arrow in the GUI’s header
  • Insert a new MIDI track as a simple instrument track with MIDI output enabled – say Dim Pro, then ensure the MIDI track is selected.
  • At this point I can hear the output from Dim Pro perfectly
  • If I hit record enable on the MIDI track, the output from Dim Pro is lost. Switching record enable back off makes no difference – no sound.
  • If I hit record, the MIDI data is recorded – but that’s no good if I cannot hear what I am recording.

As an aside, I am also hearing the Dim Pro sound mixed with my unprocessed guitar signal – not sure how to kill the latter.

I have contacted the developer, but any ideas meantime?

Thanks. 

NOW SOLVED - Just had to change the input on the MIDI track to MIDI Guitar 2 Omni - doh! 
2017/08/27 12:33:12
kennywtelejazz
I'm real happy for you that you solved it ...Midi Guitar Rocks

Kenny
2017/08/27 12:46:14
Marshall
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

I agree Kenny. I bought You Rock Guitar about four years ago and thought that was good, but this is miles better. Get to play a proper guitar and I don't have the embarrassment of having something that looks like a cheap plastic toy in the studio...even though it was clever. 
2017/08/27 13:42:14
kennywtelejazz
Marshall
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

I agree Kenny. I bought You Rock Guitar about four years ago and thought that was good, but this is miles better. Get to play a proper guitar and I don't have the embarrassment of having something that looks like a cheap plastic toy in the studio...even though it was clever. 

I have been using Midi Guitar for around 5 years now . I love it ...

I use it a little differently than most folks do I run it standalone in both PC and Mac and then I send it to my DAW.....
On a Mac that is super easy to accomplish ...On a PC it requires an app that works as a virtual midi cable .
I use this free app on my PC's   https://www.tobias-erichs...software/loopmidi.html

I found out a long time ago that Midi Guitar works best when you can set the buffer size in Midi Guitar to a smaller size ...64 , 128 , or 256 is where I like to run it at...
While using Midi Guitar inside of SONAR as synth enabled , the brick wall I have kept hitting is I can't run SONAR with those type of buffer settings on my PC's ...also I usually add midi Guitar parts as my song progresses in arrangement and complexity ...by that point my PC is chugging ..
My standard buffer size in SONAR is 512 ...Synth enabled is SONAR ... Midi Guitar throws up a warning .
So what I do is I start loop Midi first , then I open up Midi Guitar and use loop Midi as my output ...
I run it bare bones w a tuner and it looks like this inside of SONAR ...When I want to record Midi Guitar in SONAR I just set my synth track to LOOPMIDI PORT 1

The beauty of running it this way standalone as admin patched into SONAR is I can run my Midi Guitar buffers at a much lower rate that what I'm running SONAR at ...
Midi Guitar tracks lightning fast at 128 and SONAR can run at it's own ASIO buffer setting

Hey Marshall good luck with Midi Guitar ...IMHO Midi Guitar is a godsend for us guitar players

Kenny

2017/08/27 15:03:33
S.L.I.P.
Will it work if I plug the guitar into my Roland QuadCapture, or do I need a separate audio/guitar interface? Thanks! 
2017/08/27 15:51:01
kennywtelejazz
S.L.I.P.
Will it work if I plug the guitar into my Roland QuadCapture, or do I need a separate audio/guitar interface? Thanks! 

As far as I know , if you use ASIO drivers w your Roland  it should work fine .
If you have any doubts , you can always contact Jam Origin support before you try the demo or buy the plug . 
They are pretty fast with e mail responses

Kenny
2017/08/27 16:06:34
S.L.I.P.
Thank you very much, Kenny!
2017/08/27 17:12:54
Marshall
kennywtelejazz
S.L.I.P.

As far as I know , if you use ASIO drivers w your Roland  it should work fine .
If you have any doubts , you can always contact Jam Origin support before you try the demo or buy the plug . 
They are pretty fast with e mail responses

Kenny

Yep, as I understand it, no extra hardware is required. I just plugged my Strat into my Focusrite 6i6 as I have always done, and it worked straightaway. The tracking is incredible, I wish I'd known about this product years ago, it's a godsend for us guitar players who are rubbish at keyboards.
2017/08/27 18:49:38
kennywtelejazz
S.L.I.P.
Thank you very much, Kenny!

Hey S.L.I.P. Your Welcome 
I even use Midi Guitar on two of my computers with a Yamaha USB Sound Card that doesn't even have Midi ...
As far as I 'm concerned The Jam Origin Midi Guitar is a Revolutionary step into the future for guitar players .
Look at how insane this is  what we have here is only the tip of the iceberg of what I have running inside mid guitar..
these two pics are only showing some of the pugs and synths..

I haven't even show the GUI with all the signal chains that I can create as custom patch's that are fully recall-able .
The custom patch's can include combinations of synths , guitar plugs or any VST plugin for that matter

all the best,

Kenny

2017/08/27 22:00:07
S.L.I.P.
Thanks, Marshall, and thanks again Kenny!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account