2015/11/04 17:39:51
azslow3
I start this topic to not ask for improvements, but to offer them
To avoid confusion with my other activity, this post is about Open Source CakeWalk MackieControl plug-in. It is NOT about my AZCtrl platform.

My first move: https://github.com/AZSlow3/Cakewalk-Control-Surface-SDK/tree/dyneq/Bin
MackieControl.dll (choose the number of bits in your Sonar) from that repository should support modern ProChannel EQ/Compressors the way described in the original documentation (which was working before ProChannel and is still working if EQ is the first module in the list). Independent from position in the ProChannel.

"Disable handshake" options in preferences will avoid waiting for valid handshake reply from the device. Many controllers claiming "compatibility" do not implement that part of the protocol, usual symptom: "Connecting..." inside the status, even when input and output are specified correctly.

Also download INI file with mapping definition (do not forget to make a backup): https://github.com/AZSlow3/Cakewalk-Control-Surface-SDK/blob/dyneq/Surfaces/MackieControl/MackieControl.ini

To use this DLL you need Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2015: https://www.microsoft.com.../details.aspx?id=48145
Since that compiler is relatively new (June 2015), there is a chance you do not have that runtime installed.

1. If you are ready to test it and/or you have some other wishes for that plug-in, let me know.

1. With no feedback there will be no future fixes/features. So, it's your turn!

EDIT:
Updated (8.11) to support ProChannel Compressor. Also INI file is updated with ProChannel EQ and Track/Bus Compressors mapping.
Updated (16.7.2016) to support (in)compatible devices

2015/11/09 06:49:10
BlackWave
Thank You!
2015/11/15 08:38:59
petec
Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this. Appreciated.

Will check it out and see how it functions.
2016/01/23 19:27:09
BlixYZ
Using the .dll and.ini you linked to above, and running them using the AZ Controller plugin, I do have basic use of the MCU pro.  However, I am having difficulty with plugins.
Where is the list of what each button is supposed to do?
the Track/Bus button works
Send button does nothing
Pan button works
Plu-in button maps to only the first plugin in the fx bin.
EQ button allows control of the first 8 paramenters only
Compressor button reads, "ACT no mapping"

Am i missing anything?
thanks for your patience
2016/01/24 03:15:16
azslow3
BlixYZ
Using the .dll and.ini you linked to above, and running them using the AZ Controller plugin, I do have basic use of the MCU pro.  However, I am having difficulty with plugins.

I have mentioned in your other thread that these MackieControl.dll and MackieControl.ini have absolutely no relation to AZ Controller. After you put them into correct directory, continue to use "Mackie Control" in the Control Surfaces list in Sonar, as you did before. Please do not try to use AZ Controller in parallel to it, that is not going to work.

But thank you for testing the preset and reporting what you have observed.

2016/01/25 16:09:26
BlixYZ
With "MackieControl" chosen as controller type, there is no connection or functionality.
I'm sure I've missed something.  No I can't even choose the mcu's in and outputs for "mackieControl"
Is it possible I grabbed the wrong ini and dll from your site?
2016/01/25 16:26:33
azslow3
The files are not on my site, there are on github. Do you see MackieControl in brackets? Have you installed MS runtime 2015?
2016/01/25 17:18:17
azslow3
Not related to your original questions, but

BlixYZ
Send button does nothing
Plu-in button maps to only the first plugin in the fx bin.
EQ button allows control of the first 8 paramenters only

I can test with TouchDAW only (not with real hardware), and for me Plug-in switching is working (M1+Channel in Edit mode), Sends configuration is working. I have not really configured EQ except basing Freq/Gain mode, but parameter switching is working for me there.

Compressor button reads, "ACT no mapping"

That is right, it is for ACT mode. But there is no buttons configured to control the focus. When clicked on some plug-in, it should start control it.

I repeat, I do not recommend to use that at the moment. Probably I am going to make new configuration (for X-Touch, with accessibility), then it can be interesting.
2016/03/06 03:01:48
superdan54
Thanks for your work on this! The Prochannel Compressor maps great now! The EQ also works somewhat. I can get the Q and Frequency parameters to work but not the Gain.
2016/03/06 04:35:54
azslow3
superdan54
Thanks for your work on this! The Prochannel Compressor maps great now! The EQ also works somewhat. I can get the Q and Frequency parameters to work but not the Gain.

First of all, than you for the feedback.

If you have installed INI file, without mod keys the first 4 encoders should be for frequency and next for Q. If that is not the case, that INI file is somehow not in use, please check where you have copied it.
With my INI file, Gain should be controllable either from the "second page" or in the first page with M3 button engaged.

But there can be bugs since I do not have the device. If you are convinced correct INI file is in use but Gain is not working, I will recheck what can be wrong.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account