2016/01/19 17:27:06
machinesworking
 email from tech support... 

In regards to my previous email, I've conferred with some of my colleagues and it looks like what you're experiencing is actually a known issue that our development team is currently investigating.
I apologize for the temporary inconvenience. The clean install won't be necessary in lieu of this but please send the log files for additional analysis as those may be helpful.

So far the "temporary" part is not true, It's busted, and hasn't work since I bought it a month ago... 

2016/01/21 11:35:32
Christopher Brown [Cakewalk]
Hi all,

I dropped private messages to those experiencing issues to prevent multiple back and forths causing any confusion on this thread. I'd like to help you all get up and running, and I'll post any solutions we come across.
2016/02/01 19:18:09
machinesworking
the latest update fixes the problems I had. Too bad I couldn't use Rapture for the first two months I owned it, but I'm glad it's working anyway. Last time something like this happened (Z3ta+2 didn't instal on OSX for 5 months) Cakewalk came through with some free libraries, would be cool to get a discount voucher, hint. 
2016/02/02 13:32:00
jchop
For what it's worth, the update fixed the "silent Dim Pro presets" problem for me as well (OS X 10.9.5).
2016/02/07 16:06:15
...wicked
Thanks Christopher for pinging me! 
2016/03/14 21:40:54
Tripecac
I just started up Sonar for the first time in a couple months, and noticed that Rapture Session is missing a lot of multisamples. 

For example the first 3 piano patches sound okay, but the fourth (Cinematic Piano 1) fails to load any sounds.

When I enable logging, I can see that there are 4 multisamples it is failing to load:

Program: e:\cakewalk-content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Rapture Session\Pianos\Cinematic Piano 1.prog
The following samples could not be loaded:
Element 1:     C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\SIEL Orchestra\Strings Cello Ensemble.sfz
Element 2:     c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\wavetable collection 1\sub_organ_1.wav
Element 3:     C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\Space Rhodes\Space Rhodes.sfz
Element 4:     C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\German Grand Piano\Grand Piano.sfz

One of the missing files is sub_organ_1.wav.  I looked in the directory it's trying to use and indeed, there is no sub_organ_1.wav file in there (nor any other .wav file; they all seem to be .flac files instead).

So my question is: where is sub_organ_1.wav supposed to exist?

Also, the folders "SIEL Orchestra" or "German Grand Piano" don't exist either.

Reinstalling Rapture Session and its five "Session - *" subprograms didn't help.
2016/03/15 11:17:48
scook
Unfortunately, I cannot help with missing Rapture Session sample questions because Rapture Pro installed here but I believe I can help with the program in general and this
Tripecac
One of the missing files is sub_organ_1.wav.  I looked in the directory it's trying to use and indeed, there is no sub_organ_1.wav file in there (nor any other .wav file; they all seem to be .flac files instead).

For some reason the sfz and program were defined to use wav files. When Rapture Pro/Session cannot find a wav file, they load the flac files with the same name. For example the sub_organ_1 file load in the log should look like this
14:56:10     [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\wavetable collection 1\sub_organ_1.wav ] reading .sfz file...
14:56:10     [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\wavetable collection 1\sub_organ_1.wav ] loading c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\wavetable collection 1\sub_organ_1.wav
14:56:10     [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\wavetable collection 1\sub_organ_1.wav ] load failed, trying sample pool path: C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Sample Pool\sub_organ_1.wav
14:56:10     [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\wavetable collection 1\sub_organ_1.wav ] load failed, trying SFZ path: \sub_organ_1.wav
14:56:10     [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\wavetable collection 1\sub_organ_1.wav ] trying flac: c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\wavetable collection 1\sub_organ_1.flac
Notice the last line where it loads the flac file.
2016/03/15 11:56:50
Tripecac
Thanks for the information.

I notice that sub_organ_1.flac doesn't exist in that folder either (or any folder I searched).

2016/03/15 12:03:50
scook
If it is how you have reported, none of the elements shipped with Rapture Session; the program should not be in Rapture Session either.
2016/03/15 12:20:07
Tripecac
Interesting.

Does this mean the Rapture Session that came with Sonar Platinum contained .prog files which reference multisamples which are part of Rapture Pro rather than Rapture Session?

Is there a way to automatically delete from Rapture Session's program list all programs which are missing multisamples?  Or do we have to go through all the programs manually?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account