2016/03/15 12:33:00
scook
The programs and samples included with Rapture Session came from Rapture Pro. I cannot say for certain if the "Pianos\Cinematic Piano 1.prog" was included in error or not but from your description is seems like a mistake to me. It would be up to CW staff to make the determination. AFAIK, there is no tool available to automatically purge programs with missing samples. It might not be a good idea to purge them without confirmation from Cakewalk. They may have failed to include the samples.
2016/03/15 14:08:50
MCoombes314
I've just hit this problem - but I found a solution (worked for me at least)... I copied the multisamples which were in the wrong place (after enabling logging to see where the missing samples were) to the "Rapture" Sample Pool folder, NOT the Rapture Pro folder (keeping the folder names of the expansion pack or library which they belong to. All working now, although I'm not sure whether this is actually a separate issue - because the Dimension Pro programs always worked fine.
2016/03/16 22:03:07
Tripecac
Today I started Rapture Session standalone (outside of Sonar).  The Cinematic Piano worked fine.  Strange.  I then started up Sonar, and again the Cinematic Piano worked fine.  Weird!  So maybe it just required an initial run outside of Sonar?  I know the Native Instruments synths are supposed to benefit from doing that.  I didn't know the Cakewalk ones would too!
2016/09/06 20:23:39
Trankonia
Hello all,

This thread is interesting in that it implies that the issue has been resolved with an update to Rapture Pro. I would have to disagree in that I have numerous patches that still are silent or generate error messages. What is odd is that sometimes I will get the error message and yet the patch will play.

It has now been almost a month since I contacted support and I have yet to receive ANY response whatsoever. I again tried to send a request for status last week and still no response. 

Here is the issue:

After getting an upgrade to Rapture Pro, I am finding numerous patches that simply either do not load or do not output and sound. These are the standard factory sounds but many of the other libraries seem to have the same issue. I would have thought it was a library install issue but it makes no sense that some in the same library run fine and others do not. Sometimes the error will be "Program Load Failed" and yet it will still make sounds. Other times it will generate the error and the patch is unusable. Please advise. Also, is there recommended structure for centralizing and adding any additional programs? 

Any suggestions from this esteemed forum?

2016/09/06 22:50:53
EddieLotter
Trankonia
Any suggestions from this esteemed forum?

Did you enable logging as mentioned in the first reply? What does the log show?

Cheers
Eddie
2016/09/07 17:21:47
Trankonia
I turned on Logging and prior to that you would not get a dialog box opening giving any error. Now when it has an issue with the patch it displays an error message asking if I want to see the list of samples that failed to load.

Again, if this were a path issue WHY would some entries from the SAME Factory library work and others not? In the example below, the files reference are NOT located in the designated path. However, this must be an issue with the installation script if some files are missing. The bottom line is...how do I get ALL the content that that I have paid for? Is it best to simply remove ALL instances of Rapture and Dimension Pro and all libraries and then reinstall from scratch? I have numerous expansion packs.

Thanks in advance!!

When I select Yes and example might be:

Program: C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Rapture Pro\Atmospheric\80s Poly Pad 1.prog
The following samples could not be loaded:
Element 3:
c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\wavetable collection 1\cello_3.wav
Element 4:
C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\Compressed Strings\Compressed Strings.sfz

Some entries in the log are:

15:00:32 [ -------- ] setting up logger
15:00:32 [ -------- ] Logging enabled by user
15:00:38 [ C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Rapture Pro\Atmospheric\80s Poly Pad 1.prog ] Loading Program
15:00:38 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] Loading .sfz file
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] reading .sfz file...
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] loading c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat_enh\enh-024-c0.wav
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] load failed, trying sample pool path: C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Sample Pool\enh-024-c0.wav
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] load failed, trying SFZ path: c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\enh-024-c0.wav
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] trying flac: c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat_enh\enh-024-c0.flac
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] loading c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat_enh\enh-025-c#0.wav
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] load failed, trying sample pool path: C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Sample Pool\enh-025-c#0.wav
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] load failed, trying SFZ path: c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\enh-025-c#0.wav
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] trying flac: c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat_enh\enh-025-c#0.flac
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] loading c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat_enh\enh-026-d0.wav
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] load failed, trying sample pool path: C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Sample Pool\enh-026-d0.wav
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] load failed, trying SFZ path: c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\enh-026-d0.wav
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] trying flac: c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat_enh\enh-026-d0.flac
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] loading c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat_enh\enh-027-d#0.wav
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] load failed, trying sample pool path: C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Sample Pool\enh-027-d#0.wav
15:00:39 [ c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\gnat enhance.sfz ] load failed, trying SFZ path: c:\cakewalk content\cakewalk sample data\rapture pro\multisamples\edp gnat special\enh-027-d#0.wav
2016/09/08 23:48:18
EddieLotter
I don't have a "80s Poly Pad 1.prog" file in the folder that you show, however I do have a "cello_3.flac" in the folder where you show "cello_3.wav"
Generally, Rapture Pro will look for an FLAC file if it cannot find a WAV file. Do you have the latest version installed?

Cheers
Eddie
2017/05/29 15:31:50
NKSMusic
I'm trying to get two .sfz files can you help?

Shekere 01.sfz
Bodhran Hit 01.sfz

Thanks

Nigel
2018/02/13 16:02:30
NKSMusic
Is there anybody in East Sussex preferably near Eastbourne that's good at mixing?
2018/02/14 13:08:12
ChazEd
It doesn't matter anymore, but he we go:

I have found that, when Rapture Pro goes silent (or some presets does not output anything), if you delete the plugin, insert it again, and select the former silent preset, it will work (not silent anymore).

But since 2.0.4, Rapture Pro rarely goes silent.

All of this assuming Rapture Pro doesn't output any error message, of course.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account