2018/11/10 01:23:04
abacab
From the folks at Sonic Scores Overture: https://sonicscores.com/amadeus/

Covering all the essentials of the orchestra, Amadeus includes– strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, keyboards, guitars and more. Everything you need for creating quick sketches, orchestra, film, and game scores, is at your finger tips. The library has carefully been engineered to load fast and provide authentic sounding instruments, allowing you to create incredible realistic scores.
Powered by Kontakt!

Available now! 
https://sonicscores.com/f...86&start=30#p62234
2018/11/14 13:53:33
Michael A.D.
I looked at the video and it seems pretty interesting - especially for only $149.  However, there is no documentation available yet - I do want to read the user manual.  Their website mentions that it is compatible with notation so I am curious if it is actually outputting midi for all the sounds I am hearing in the demo.
2018/11/14 14:36:39
msmcleod
I'd like to see some documentation too.

The features lists the instruments in the orchestra, but looking at the GUI things like woodwinds are grouped together. It isn't clear whether each individual instrument can be played separately, or whether it's just a woodwind ensemble. Same with horns.

2018/11/14 14:39:23
ZincTrumpet
Look good, thanks abacab.

One of the items on my Xmas wish list is actually Solid State Symphony from Indiginus but this does look better albeit at a greater cost.

2018/11/14 14:47:20
Amicus717
If you are already an Overture 5 owner, the price is $99. I own Overture but hardly use it, as I find it unstable and crash-prone. But that's not a bad price for a quick sketch tool that could be incorporated into your notation software to upgrade the sounds. If I used Overture a lot, I might consider it. 

2018/11/16 15:07:35
abacab
I also see the new orchestra library listed on their website at $99 for Overture 5 customers.

I grabbed the Overture 5, end of Cakewalk, discount crossgrade offer that Don extended to us last year.  He does currently offer crossgrades to Overture 5 from other notation programs for $129.

Don has been working on this symphonic sample library as an integration for Overture 5, and plans to create sound maps and presets for each instrument.  So it should be plug and play for Overture 5 users.  The plus side is that since it is a Kontakt 5 player compatible instrument, you could use it with any notation program or DAW that supports VST.

The demo in the video is just a preliminary example of the ensemble feature.  The demo is not a complete overview of the library.  The library will include individual instruments as well, with a range of articulations.
2018/11/16 15:17:28
abacab
Michael A.D.
I looked at the video and it seems pretty interesting - especially for only $149.  However, there is no documentation available yet - I do want to read the user manual.  Their website mentions that it is compatible with notation so I am curious if it is actually outputting midi for all the sounds I am hearing in the demo.

That's a good question.  But I think it is supposed to work basically like most other orchestral sample libraries, by taking MIDI input and playing back samples from the library.  I don't think it is intended as a MIDI pattern generator.

So the idea for notation compatibility is that you compose in the notation program, and it plays back your score on realistic sounding sampled instruments.  If your notation program, such as Overture, can export to MIDI then you can capture your score as MIDI by exporting the data.
2018/11/16 15:37:08
abacab
If you click on the "Features" tab at the at the top of this page you will see other instruments can be selected within the interface besides the full "Symphony" instrument.

https://sonicscores.com/amadeus/

The full list:

Strings

• Solo Strings
    Solo Violin
    Solo Viola
    Solo Cello
    Solo Bass
  • String Ensembles
    Violins I
    Violins I
    Violas
    Cellos
    Basses
    Full String Ensemble
    Violins I Small Section
    Violins II Small Section
    Violas Small Section
    Cellos Small Section
    Basses Small Section
    Full String Ensemble Small

Brass

• Solo Brass
    French Horn I
    French Horn II
    French Horn III
    French Horn IV
    Trumpet I
    Trumpet II
    Trumpet III
    Trombone I
    Trombone II
    Trombone III
    Tuba
  • Brass Ensembles
    French Horn Ensemble
    Trumpet Ensemble
    Trombone Ensemble
    Tuba Ensemble
    Full Brass Ensemble
    Brass Small Ensemble

Woodwinds

• Solo Woodwinds
    Piccolo
    Flute I
    Flute II
    Alto Flute
    Bass Flute
    Oboe I
    Oboe II
    English Horn
    Clarinet I
    Clarinet II
    Bass Clarinet
    Bassoon I
    Bassoon II
    Contra Bassoon
  • Woodwind Ensembles
    Piccolo Ensemble
    Flute Ensemble
    Alto Flute Ensemble
    Bass Flute Ensemble
    Oboe Ensemble
    English Horn Ensemble
    Clarinet Ensemble
    Bass Clarinet Ensemble
    Bassoon Ensemble
    Contra Bassoon Ensemble

Percussion

Percussion
Tympani
Bass Drum
Snare Drum
Hits and Cymbals
Taiko Drums
Tubular Bells
Xylophone
Celesta
Glockenspiel

Choir

Choir Sopranos
Choir Altos
Choir Tenors
Choir Basses
Choir Women
Choir Men
Full Choir
Solo Soprano

Keyboard

Grand Piano
Harpsichord
Pipe Organ

Guitar

Nylon String Guitar
Electric Guitar Stratified
Electric Guitar Roculus
Electric Guitar Lead
Electric Guitar Clean

Multis

Concert Strings
Concert Strings Small
Concert Brass
Concert Brass Solo
Concert Woodwinds
Concert Choir

Symphony

Symphony

2018/11/16 17:17:24
Amicus717
The library sounds like a pretty good sketch / notation sound set, and it would certainly be a nice addition to Overture 5. But I've had so much difficulty running the program, that I have ditched it and generally use Musescore 2, and am currently giving Notion 6 a try. I bought Overture 5 last year during the Cakewalk closure debacle, and while I love the interface and design, and think it has a ton of great features that I find very intuitive, I also find Overture 5 just crashes too often. I have yet to experience a single Overture 5 session without at least one or two crashes (often more), and I've tried it on both my systems (including on clean, fresh installs of Windows). 

Abacab are you using Overture 5 successfully?
2018/11/16 19:07:54
abacab
Amicus717

Abacab are you using Overture 5 successfully?

I don't recall ever having Overture 5 crash on me.  But then again, I am also not a heavy user pushing things to the limit.  For me 10-15 tracks is huge.  Are you running the latest version?

There have been a number of updates this year.  Other than that, I would suspect plugins as the #1 cause of host crashes on any computer.

I also have Notion 6, acquired as a crossgrade from Studio One.  The included classical scores are nice, as is the bundled orchestral sample library.  It's really easy to get up and running with.  But really I prefer the feature set of Overture to that of Notion because it is more like a real MIDI editor.  But I can see where people who exclusively compose with notation and are not into MIDI may prefer the workflow of Notion. 

So I will probably jump on this new library for Overture, as with custom sound maps it would apparently offer the same ease of use that the bundled Notion orchestral library has, and looks to be of higher quality as well.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account