2015/07/10 17:53:48
jih64
dmbaer
Doktor Avalanche
Confirm RP states 2.00.2.541. Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know what you're saying.  Is it that the bug has a scheduled release slot for a fix?  Thanks.

I believe he would mean confirm the version number of RPro that you are running to ensure you are indeed running the latest
2015/07/10 20:50:52
jih64
Kamikaze
azslow3
I see it as the first usable version. It loads (no crashes so far) and it loads fast.

That actually describes the original release for me.

Not actually a 'useability' issue, but just out of curiosity, what about wild variations in volume between patches and patches being barely audible etc ? and this was with the Rap Pro factory content, the only note I can find involves 'Pattern Synth - Bass Finale Seq JJ' I had it noted as barely audible, there were more, but I may not have noted them down or can't find where. I no longer have Rap PRo installed, I moved on, and don't really intend on reinstalling it after the state it was released in. 

As to 'useable', yes it was 'useable', but even a car wrecked and written off is still 'useable' for spare parts
2015/07/10 21:06:19
Doktor Avalanche
Sorry was asking you could confirm the version of rap Pro by clicking on logo or something.. Just to make sure...
2015/07/11 02:01:17
lambdoid
Rapture Pro still stops working(it stops making sound, but doesn't crash outright) if I change octave on my keyboard(it transmits a SysEx message which Rapture Pro should not respond to). Not usable for me. I change octaves often, and this is not acceptable. No other software has this problem.
2015/07/11 02:11:29
scook
Historically all cakewalk sfz engine synths stop making sound when unexpected data is sent to the synth. It needs to be filtered from the data stream before it hits the synth. If the hardware cannot handle the task, then it is down to the host or some other software to filter the MIDI data steam.
2015/07/11 16:44:42
dmbaer
lambdoid
Rapture Pro still stops working(it stops making sound, but doesn't crash outright) if I change octave on my keyboard(it transmits a SysEx message which Rapture Pro should not respond to). Not usable for me. I change octaves often, and this is not acceptable. No other software has this problem.

I experienced this one time in the standalone version.  I could not get it to repeat and have no idea what sequence of events caused it - otherwise I would, of course, report it.
2015/07/11 19:53:50
dmbaer
Doktor Avalanche
Sorry was asking you could confirm the version of rap Pro by clicking on logo or something.. Just to make sure...

Ah, of course.  Yes, it is the very latest version: 2.0.2.541.  Also, the Cubase version it was tested with was the latest (very stable) iteration of Cubase 7.5.
2015/07/14 10:19:09
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
jih64
Kamikaze
azslow3
I see it as the first usable version. It loads (no crashes so far) and it loads fast.

That actually describes the original release for me.

Not actually a 'useability' issue, but just out of curiosity, what about wild variations in volume between patches and patches being barely audible etc ? and this was with the Rap Pro factory content, the only note I can find involves 'Pattern Synth - Bass Finale Seq JJ' I had it noted as barely audible, there were more, but I may not have noted them down or can't find where. I no longer have Rap PRo installed, I moved on, and don't really intend on reinstalling it after the state it was released in. 

As to 'useable', yes it was 'useable', but even a car wrecked and written off is still 'useable' for spare parts

There is a content update in the works (no specifics on when exactly yet) that should help with the volume fluctuation between programs. The programs that install with the core Rapture Pro installer have already been updated to reflect this. We're still working on improving Rapture Pro even further, but after the first two updates, there have been a lot of additional features and improvements both visible and under the hood.  
2015/07/14 10:46:03
Doktor Avalanche
Good news hope my points that I made earlier get discussed in triage meetings. Quicker this is done the better though as there are still Z3TA+2 issues to fix I hope this gets factored into the grand scheme of things (this will help bring back consumer confidence imho). Anyway at least you've supplied something that is now working thanks, hopefully lessons will be learned. Again thanks.
2015/07/14 10:48:36
Doktor Avalanche
I should point to this..

http://forum.cakewalk.com..aspx?m=3253508&fp=3

Maybe QA can test around it for next release. Also earlier on in this thread the installer path issue on upgrades..
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account