2015/07/14 14:51:37
Maarkr
well, now r-pro won't load the patches... i installed the samples on a different drive than before, i think... then moves some other patches from the C to D drive... f'd it all up prob.  so i went into the CC and reloaded rapture and rapture pro... installed the samples on the D drive... still won't load the patches...
i can't follow all the posts about the registry and this and that... i noticed the last log shows an install on Jun 30.  

I have projects with patches that won't play now... can i get advice on how to get this all back to where i started???
2015/07/14 15:06:08
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Maarkr
well, now r-pro won't load the patches... i installed the samples on a different drive than before, i think... then moves some other patches from the C to D drive... f'd it all up prob.  so i went into the CC and reloaded rapture and rapture pro... installed the samples on the D drive... still won't load the patches...
i can't follow all the posts about the registry and this and that... i noticed the last log shows an install on Jun 30.  

I have projects with patches that won't play now... can i get advice on how to get this all back to where i started???

Logging is turned off by default in update 2. You need to make sure this is turned on in the Options menu. Then, based on where you have installed Cakewalk Content to (default is C:\Cakewalk Content), you'll find Rapture Pro\Logs therein. The path Rapture Pro looks for samples is set each time you run the installer. It's likely you have something crossed from the previous install, which is a simple fix, but if you're struggling, this kind of issue can be readily fixed by e-mailing or calling our Support team, who can take a closer look at your individual system.
2015/07/14 21:03:42
mrdrwest

There are samples still missing from the 2.00.2.541 version of Rapture Pro.

They include the following (so far) from the Dimension Pro Factory Library:

Db_155_*
Db_160_*
Db_165_*
Db_170_*

Totaling 41 missing samples.
2015/07/15 18:50:57
Mitch_I
I waited for 2.00.2 before buying. I installed from Command Center today using all default locations. I already had Dimension Pro and Rapture installed. Here's what I'm seeing:

1. RP appears under VSTi in Cakewalk Plugin Manager, but not in the list of instruments under VST2, so I have to use the VST3 version. I'd prefer to use VST2. I haven't created any custom layout files.

2. I had Command Center install all expansion packs, but none of them appear in the UI. The Expansion Pack bank is empty except for the word "User." I've reinstalled some of them using the downloaded exes, but still no luck. For example, searching for "pianet" finds one entry -- "Delicate Pianet FS."

3. Load times are reasonable, and I've only found one silent patch so far  -- Timbre Shift Piano JJ.

I suppose if I spend a few hours reading all the posts, starting in April and May, about the second problem I'll find some information. Meanwhile I'm open to suggestions.

Also open to suggestions about how to make RP appear under VST2 Instruments.

Mitch I.

2015/07/15 19:10:28
scook
No mention of which DAW but from your previous posts I am guessing SONAR. Check Preferences > File > VST Settings "VST Mirgation" settings.

Searches are performed in the current bank.

Are you saying you only have two banks "Rapture Pro - Factory Libarary" and "Expansion Pack - User?"

2015/07/15 19:54:11
Mitch_I
Scook,

I'm running Sonar Platinum under Windows 7. Thanks for reminding me about the VST Migration setting. I unchecked "Hide Related VST2 Plugins," and that solved my first problem. Now RP appears in the VST2 Instrument list.

My RP banks are
Rapture Pro
Dimension Pro Factory Library
Dimension Pro User Imported
Rapture Classic Factory Library
Rapture Classic User Imported
Expansion Pack (empty)

It doesn't seem to me that searches are performed in the current bank. Here's why I think that: No matter which bank I select, a search for "pianet" brings up the same entry, which only appears in Rapture Pro.

BTW the results of this search:

C:\Cakewalk Content>dir pianet*.* /s |more

resulted in five sfz files and a lot of wav files. Not sure if that's relevant.

Mitch I.
2015/07/15 20:22:23
scook
I misspoke about the search. RPro search all banks but displays the results of the first bank found. Here is what I get when searching for pianet:

It shows one program in Rapture Pro and the "Rapture Classic - User Imported" bank also contains some programs. When I open the "Rapture Classic - User Imported" bank the Muz3um package contains keys, pads and sequences containing the search string.  The image below shows the result of clicking the Rapture Classic bank and keys type:

One of the sfz files and some of waves found in your search of the Cakewalk Content directory are used by the Rapture Pro pianet program, the rest could be used in other programs which do not have pianet in their names. A Rapture Pro program can contain up to 6 sfz files. An sfz file can reference any number of samples.
2015/07/15 20:35:41
scook
So I poked around a little bit and found pianet sfzs in the RPro bank:
Type > Program
-------------------
Atmospheric > Trail of Doom2JAL
Electric Guitars > Guitarmosphere
Electric Pianos > Delicate Pianet FS
Electric Pianos > Mellow EP 1
Electric Pianos > Mellow EP Light
Electric Pianos > Soft EP 2
Electric Pianos > Soft EP

This is not a complete list. I have not finished compiling a program contents list.
2015/07/15 20:40:45
Mitch_I
That helps clarify things. But I don't have the Muz3um folder anywhere. In fact, these searches

C:\>dir muz3um /s
C:\>dir muz3um*.* /s

give no results.

Should I have that folder as part of the expansion packs?

Mitch I.
2015/07/15 21:02:02
scook
I probably downloaded Muz3um directly from patcharena. It may not be part of the factory distribution. There are a few other interesting things there. My Rapture installation goes back to the initial release and has quite a few add-ons and customizations.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account