2015/07/16 02:20:26
mudgel
Muz3um is a freebie that goes back to the original Rapture as far as I remember. I just checked and I have a muz3um.zip file in my Cakewalk archives. There's also a Muz3um file for my old VSampler 3. Now that's going back 10 years or so.
2015/07/16 02:57:02
scook
Originally muz3um was a free z3ta+ add-on and predates Rapture. A version for Rapture was developed and put up on patcharena. I know z3ta+2 includes muz3em but I am pretty sure it has never been part of the standard Rapture install. The separate zip is the tell. To this day no expansion packs are included with Rapture. They are separate downloads. I do not believe muz3um for Rapture is available on the CW site anywhere.
2015/07/16 09:33:28
jih64
Well Hell has frozen over, and I'm back in the saddle, reinstalled Rapture Pro, and of course the latest update, glad to see that all the legacy content now loads, Galbanum Piscis was the only outstanding one for me, load times are improved, although that wasn't a great problem for me personally, and good to know that the volume variations and silent/barely audible factory content looks like it will be sorted out. Lets hope it soon gets to where it should have been at release, and then beyond.
2015/07/16 12:19:05
Mitch_I
I just finished comparing the contents of the expansion-pack exes with the contents of Rapture2Programs.xml, and I concluded that my RP install has all the programs it should have. So both of my issues are resolved.

But I wonder if I'm missing something about the search function and the apparent inability to search across banks. It seems that the bank-based organization of RP is historical rather than practical. I have Dimension Pro and Rapture installed, but when I'm using RP, I don't care where the programs came from. It would be nice, for example, to see a list of all pads programs or all keys programs.

Mitch I.
2015/07/16 14:27:16
scook
You can adjust the location of the programs any way you wish. I would suggest performing the exercise in a separate folder. The factory content is already broken out by type so copying and merging those folders is a snap. For expansion packs and user content, you are on your own.

I would also suggest going forward make separate threads rather than appending this this thread. The subjects are easier to find later when someone is searching for solutions.
2015/07/17 23:51:50
mrdrwest
I found the sample files for the aforementioned programs. They are REX .RX2 files located in:

C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\72 - REX Drum Loops\Drum n Bass Breaks

Unfortunately, Rapture Pro 2.00.2.541 will not load these (at least) .RX2 files into the OSC/SMP section. You can select the .RX2 file, but it is not loaded: It's ignored and there are no errors, or crashes experienced.

Note: I'm running under Windows 10 build 10240. 
2015/07/19 20:40:48
mrdrwest

I discovered the problem!

The Rapture Pro 2.00.2.541 executable (standalone application) will not load .RX2 files. I resorted to installing the full Sonar Platinum Suite for testing and noted the .RX2 files loaded and played in both the Rapture Pro VSTi and sample render via drag-n-drop to an audio track.

Cakewalk, please fix this.
2015/07/25 16:38:57
dmbaer
Cakewalk, is a Rapture Pro fix-release going to happen at some point?  The problem of non-working key-tracking when hosted under Cubase was not resolved in the last release.  I filed a bug report some weeks ago.  Is a fix in the pipeline?
2015/07/29 17:20:36
lambdoid
dmbaer
lambdoid
Rapture Pro still stops working(it stops making sound, but doesn't crash outright) if I change octave on my keyboard(it transmits a SysEx message which Rapture Pro should not respond to). Not usable for me. I change octaves often, and this is not acceptable. No other software has this problem.

I experienced this one time in the standalone version.  I could not get it to repeat and have no idea what sequence of events caused it - otherwise I would, of course, report it.

I can repeat it every time. I experimented with some of the other controls on my Indigo 2 and it had the same result. The controls that just send MIDI CC messages don't cause it to freeze.
2015/07/29 20:41:36
Doktor Avalanche
Please contact support ASAP. Cheers...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account