2015/08/20 01:06:44
mrdrwest
Has anyone noticed Z3ta 2.1 VSTi preset drop down (upper left corner of the window) does not work properly.

Cakewalk, are you aware of this and is there a fix coming?

It's really annoying and a workflow killer. You can't reliably create presets for quick program selection and comparison.
2015/08/21 10:11:20
ShellstaX

I assume you are talking about the area in red(?). I can't say I'd really noticed, nor much care, as I prefer to use the presets interface in green.

Whilst the Windows Frame Presets botton does 'work' for Z3TA+ 1 (even then it goes beyond the bounds of my display) - it doesn't 'work' for Z3TA+ 2, DimPro, Rapture, RapPro. Again - I don't care because 'better' preset interfaces are close at hand, within the VSTs, rather than the wrapper/winframe.
2015/08/21 13:56:07
mrdrwest
ShellstaX

I assume you are talking about the area in red(?). I can't say I'd really noticed, nor much care, as I prefer to use the presets interface in green.

Whilst the Windows Frame Presets botton does 'work' for Z3TA+ 1 (even then it goes beyond the bounds of my display) - it doesn't 'work' for Z3TA+ 2, DimPro, Rapture, RapPro. Again - I don't care because 'better' preset interfaces are close at hand, within the VSTs, rather than the wrapper/winframe.

Yeah, I get that. But you can't stage programs for quick access to stuff you like, unless I'm not taking advantage of the UI's preset management features.
2015/08/21 22:13:51
Doktor Avalanche
2015/08/21 22:25:19
ShellstaX
That's a bit more generic huh Doktor? (after a quick scan - it's a bit harder to read in mobile format - so weblink ). - Oh, I see - you are asking the OP to add his concerns to the list.

I had been writing this up:

Yeah - i'll agree that that interface is somewhat flawed, in this regard, until others can advise/convince me otherwise.

I don't know how you used the winframe button to do much better(?) ... However ...

I've created a 'Favorites' bank with 'Instrument Types' and the 'Programs' (fxp)s within. I created the structure from File Explorer (Windows) and I find it simple (/simpler than the interface) to use File Explorer (Windows) to copy/delete fxps into/from. You can save 'tweaked' programs to your new locations from the Z3TA interface (Program button).
e.g,
%Cakewalk Content%\Z3TA+ 2\Programs
- Factory Content
- Favorites
  - Arps
    - Poly Voice FS <my initials>.fxp
  - Bass
  - Keyboards
- Mutant Rebellion
- Mutant Revenge

The new structure/programs will present clearly back to the Z3TA interface upon reload/refresh (easiest just to restart Sonar/Z3TA). Program copies 'pickup' in realtime after the one-off intial structure setup. Each 'Instrument Type' only presents if it's directory is populated with at least one fxp.

You could do similar for staging.

Yes - handling it within the interface it would be nicer (and somewhat expected).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account