• Software
  • Magix Release Soundforge Studio 12 (p.2)
2017/08/11 17:10:59
kitekrazy1
Billy Buck
S.L.I.P.
I installed the demo, and it replaced my QuadCapture drivers in Sonar with MagixLowLatency drivers, which was a far cry from low latency. I was not able to select the QuadCapture drivers so I uninstalled Soundforge Studio 12. Everything is good now!

After I installed the SF Studio 12 update, it did default to MME drivers. But my audio device drivers (and ASIO) are available from the audio drop down list. I simply selected my Apollo Twin USB and ASIO and all is good. Odd that your audio device is not even showing up to be selected.

A couple of nice surprises after I updated from SF Studio 10, both Izotope Ozone Elements and Magix Audio Cleaning Lab were included for free. Unlike previous third party add on's, I can use these outside of SF Studio 12. The Ozone Elements works great in both SONAR & REAPER on the mix bus. The main reason I did the upgrade, beside the low upgrade price, was because SF is now a bonafide 64bit app. 

Cheers,

Billy Buck

Was there a serial # for Elements?  Even though I have SF10 I bought this to see how the Sony/Magix transition is going.  Not sure what I think of yet.  One thing I did not like is it chose the first plugin folder for me.  I do not keep my plugins in Cakewalk\VST.  I need to find a registry hack so that any plugin installer doesn't choose the Cakewalk folder right away.  I get tired of scrolling for the folder I want.

Acid Pro is on the horizon for 64 bit.   If they keep the same gui and add a dedicated midi window that may be my top choice for a DAW since I loved the workflow.

Something else about this install that bother me is it downloads the installers and I have no idea where. Also the EULA doesn't say how many machines I can install it.

2017/08/11 17:31:06
yorolpal
Upgraded to 12.  Been futzing with the preferences and such.  Seems to be a nice improvement over 10.

@Jim...thanks for the registry tips, ol pal!

2017/08/11 17:43:31
Billy Buck

Was there a serial # for Elements?  

Yes, a few hours after I did the upgrade from the Magix site I received serial numbers and download links
for both SF 12 Studio & Audio Cleaning Lab and a separate serial number for Ozone Elements. I then went to
the Izotope website and downloaded the trial version and once installed used the same serial number to unlock it.

Acid Pro is on the horizon for 64 bit.   If they keep the same gui and add a dedicated midi window that may be my top choice for a DAW since I loved the workflow.

I still have ACID Pro 7 installed and use it from time to time. As a pure loop arrangement tool it is still the best IMO
and I do like the GUI and workflow. I will seriously take a fresh look at a 64bit ACID Pro 8 once it is released. If the upgrade price is reasonable and it is stable on my DAW I will probably upgrade. I remember first starting out with ACID Pro 1.0 back in 1999, so I am still quite familiar with it.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
2017/08/11 17:57:34
kitekrazy1
Billy Buck

Was there a serial # for Elements?  

Yes, a few hours after I did the upgrade from the Magix site I received serial numbers and download links
for both SF 12 Studio & Audio Cleaning Lab and a separate serial number for Ozone Elements. I then went to
the Izotope website and downloaded the trial version and once installed used the same serial number to unlock it.

I still have ACID Pro 7 installed and use it from time to time. As a pure loop arrangement tool it is still the best IMO
and I do like the GUI and workflow. I will seriously take a fresh look at a 64bit ACID Pro 8 once it is released. If the upgrade price is reasonable and it is stable on my DAW I will probably upgrade. I remember first starting out with ACID Pro 1.0 back in 1999, so I am still quite familiar with it.

Cheers,

Billy Buck

Went back the my email the code was there.  I'm not fond of the Magix single machine license. Two machines is the norm these days. 
2017/08/12 09:50:22
anydmusic
I left the upgrade in my Basket overnight and received an email with a discount code.

Got this upgrade for less than the offer price on Ozone Elements which it includes.

The MME driver installed but has not interfered with my setup.
2017/08/12 10:32:07
pwalpwal
Hmm, can't upgrade from 10 pro to 12 studio (and 11 pro is still not x64? and only version 11?)
2017/08/12 17:32:23
rsinger
kitekrazy1
Went back the my email the code was there.  I'm not fond of the Magix single machine license. Two machines is the norm these days. 

I agree, but Steinberg wavelab is the same. I have wavelab essentials on my laptop and soundforge studio on my DAW.

2017/08/12 18:57:45
anydmusic
rsinger
kitekrazy1

I agree, but Steinberg wavelab is the same. I have wavelab essentials on my laptop and soundforge studio on my DAW.

My Account includes a license for two machines now that I have upgraded.
2017/08/13 17:41:51
rsinger
I'll have to check that.
2017/08/13 18:57:05
bapu
rsinger

I have their dongle for Wavelab 8.5. I can use it anywhere I want.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account