• Software
  • Magix Release Soundforge Studio 12 (p.3)
2017/08/14 18:45:26
kitekrazy1
pwalpwal
Hmm, can't upgrade from 10 pro to 12 studio (and 11 pro is still not x64? and only version 11?)

No you can't.  An audio editor doesn't really need to be 64 bit.  My SF10 will open inside DAWs that ask for an audio editor, now only accomplished by a reg hack in Sonar.
2017/08/14 19:17:52
interpolated
Hmmm.....it could be a problem for me, because some of my recent plug-ins are 64-bit (or at least the version I installed).

I like Sound Forge though. Maybe they will introduce VST3 and CD/DVD/Media authoring in the next version. Or perhaps not, that's one of the selling points of Magix Samplitude.

2017/08/15 03:54:30
dubdisciple
Just not excited at all.
2017/08/15 14:08:29
bapu
More excited for Superior Drummer 3.
2017/08/16 19:40:52
interpolated
Slightly off-topic, I was looking at Spectralayer Pro 4. Being into sound design and all of that, I find that could be a useful tool for remixing, audio correction (where you are unable to rerecord) and well I may demo it for 30 days.

I watched a couple of videos and whilst the guy (on a Mac obviously) never properly explained things I did get the gist of his demos.

2018/04/07 22:11:38
rickpaul
Jim Roseberry
To get rid of the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver:

Go into the Registry...
HKLM>Software>ASIO - delete the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver entry
HKLM>Software>WOW6432Node>ASIO - delete the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver entry

Note:
If you've got a piece of hardware that functions as an ASIO audio interface (and you know you don't want to use it), you can use this same procedure to eliminate that particular ASIO driver.

Thanks, Jim!  I know this is replying to a post from quite a while ago, but I'm super glad I found it as it solved a recent problem I'd been having with SONAR Platinum (most recent version), and which got even worse with Cakewalk by BandLab.

For context, I'd picked up Samplitude Pro X3 Suite when they had the "crazy deal" late last year.  I haven't had much time to try it out yet, and I'd been alternating between DAWs (SONAR, Cubase, Studio One) as I'd do new, or remix, projects. 

When I'd go back to SONAR, I'd often find that it had developed a new problem related to switching sample rates.  In the past, if I'd been operating at 44.1 kHz, and I loaded a 96 kHz project (most of my older projects are 44.1 kHz, while almost all my new projects are 96 kHz), there would be a brief burst of white noise as SONAR told my MOTU 828x interface to switch settings, but then things would work as per normal, with the occasional exception of needing to reassign the Master bus to the right hardware interface.  (I never pinned down when this happened and when it didn't, but it was pretty painless, so it was only a minor inconvenience.) 

Now, however, in SONAR, I'd get a cycle of events where it would have that burst of white noise, put a dialog box up that came and went too quickly for me to read, put the hourglass up for a while, and finally let in some user interface action for a very brief moment.  The exact order may have been different from what I am outlining, but the cycle was constant.  Eventually, I'd have to close SONAR, then jump through some hoops to set the sample rate (possibly also in the default settings as well as on the ASIO control panel for my device), then again try loading the project.  This issue also did affect some other DAWs, albeit in different ways (e.g. Studio One wouldn't even attempt to play audio).

When Cakewalk by BandLab came out a few days back, I found that the problem was more severe.  The cycle still occurred, and now the former dialog box became a little banner in the notifications area, which, thankfully, was now readable, saying something about the MAGIX Low Latency Driver.  But when I got to closing CbB, it would crash instead of just closing gracefully.  And again I'd have to figure out what specific hoops to jump through in each specific case.

With the newly readable banner in mind, I set out to searching for information about problems in this area and/or how to remove the MAGIX Low Latency Driver, since I doubt I actually need it for anything at this point (I wasn't even using it in Samplitude), and I eventually came across this thread.  Removing the driver per Jim's instructions resolves the switching sample rates issue in CbB (I'm assuming it will in SONAR, as well, but, short of finding issues in CbB that SONAR doesn't have, I intend to try using CbB instead of SONAR moving forward). 

While I do think SONAR and CbB (and some other DAWs -- Studio One, in particular) have an issue in this area, especially since I wasn't even using the MAGIX driver, I'm very happy to have this workaround/solution to stave off the frustration of having jump through hoops most every time I'd go back to SONAR to work on a project.
2018/04/07 23:14:10
elsongs
I jumped on the update. Funny, because I was thinking, "I wonder when SF12 will finally be out?" and went to the Magix website and found out it just got released (I never got an email informing me of the update though...). Yeah, it's not TOO different than the v11 apart from the 64 bit thing. But oh well, I used to pirate Sound Forge in my younger days, so I guess it all evens out when I bought the upgrade :)

Edited some audio files the other night. So far so good, no crashes or hiccups. Originally I had problems getting my Waves VST3 plugins to respond to the drop-down menu presets (changing parameters manually would work but none of the presets selected would change parameters). But running Waves Central and downloading the latest updates of my Waves plugins fixed all that.
2018/04/10 10:37:15
mudgel
Sound Forge studio is not an upgrade to Sound Forge Pro (last version being 11) from Sony Creative.
2018/04/11 04:24:10
HeatherHaze
I'm thinking about jumping on the Sound Forge Pro Suite upgrade for $299.  Seems like a pretty good deal considering my last owned version was Sony Sound Forge 9.  I already have the iZotope elements suite, but I'm thinking of dropping the extra hundred bucks for the SFP Suite mostly for the included SpectraLayers Pro, a $399 value by itself.  I've never used it, but it seems like a really creative and useful tool.  Any thoughts/suggestions?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account