2015/01/14 22:09:52
Tyrous
Hi everyone,

i was wondering why sonar doesn't have any version that works in mac.  Most mac users use logic and protools. Both programs are good but not good as sonar. I know bunch or people who would use sonar but they have mac system so they download parallel desktop which cost more than sonar, just to make it work. also people like universities for example R.I.T is using logic because all of their computers are mac system based. Yet if sonar could work in mac. most mac users will perches it for sure.

2015/01/16 02:03:57
Spencer
Sonar at its root is deeply tied into the windows system, and they have often stated that a mac version would mean re-writing the entire program almost from scratch. Very unlikely. Which I'm very happy about. They are not a big company and I prefer that they concentrate their efforts on only one platform.
2015/02/08 23:48:32
letyourlightshine
Yes I know people are going to get pissed at me saying this,I only recently got a mac,as a wedding gift from my wife,we got married in november. Before that I always used a pc,I don't want to debate which is better,frankly as long as a computer is fast and runs sonar efficiently then I say who cares if it is  PC or a mac.

And I get that the coding thing would be a nightmare,but I feel like sonar is always left off "top 10/20/whatever DAWS" and that I cannot understand at all.I would say it is one of the best if not the best.But my pc is slow,slow loading,slow with lots of plugins,slow loading projects and my mac is much much faster. Bootcamp has been such a pain I have given up on that,plus I dont like the idea of having to boot into it.I bought parallel desktop and while it runs,it is also a huge pain in my bumper,it also is not as fast as programs running on the mac.

Most DAWs have pc and mac versions,even fl studio is giving it a go,so maybe it will be a pain in the code writers bumper,and maybe it will cost a bunch of money,but I would think it would add more users and give sonar more "credibility"whether that is right or not.
I am sure many disagree or are tired of hearing this,but sonar is my favorite,and I own and have tried using many others
protools-not intuitive,not that great in my opinion
reason-kind of fun with the racks,and addition of RE is cool,but the tools and instruments are mostly all geared to dance,hip-hop,ect(nothing wring with those,just saying)
ableton-I use this some,but same problem as reason and the channel strips/mixer are really no fun to use
flstudio-same as reason,ableton
logic-meh
I just find sonar to be the most intuitive and fun to use,although there are somethings that could be added(besides a mac version) it is still the best in my opinion.
So I cant just let it go,not selling the mac,using the pc is not helpful for creativity due to slowness.So please cakewalk make a mac version,make it a long term goal,like a few years,but please,please make it.
2015/02/09 07:14:00
Dave Modisette
I agree, even though I have no interest in Apple computers. I think that move would make Sonar more competitive in the recording industry.

But, I recognize it would be a big expense.
2015/02/09 12:13:37
dwardzala
How does being on a PC slow down creativity?

I hope they don't go this direction because it will slow down the development and implementation of features and bug fixes due to having even more hardware and software configurations to QC.  And that's after they actually launch it.  While developing it, I expect most other development would be severely curtailed.
2015/02/09 16:38:59
letyourlightshine
I wasn't saying working on a pc slows down creativity,I am just saying that MY pc is slow and that interferes with my creativity by frustrating me.Nothing against PCs
2015/02/09 17:09:28
stevec
This topic has come up before, a few times, and the CW folks made it pretty clear there are no plans for MAC version of SONAR.  It'd be a total rewrite from the ground up and with a limited scope of business to be had with Logic, PT, DP and all the rest already taking up long-term residence.  

Besides, with the way things are rolling right now... well, actually since X3 was released, I personally would not want to see them changing direction - things are starting to get really good...

2015/02/10 19:40:22
Splat
letyourlightshine
I wasn't saying working on a pc slows down creativity,I am just saying that MY pc is slow and that interferes with my creativity by frustrating me.Nothing against PCs

May I throw in a feature request your way... Buy a new PC :)
2015/02/11 12:32:50
mdages
Install Windows native on the Apple computer, so you'll have the good Apple hardware combined with a sonar friendly os.

2015/02/13 20:51:07
letyourlightshine
Buy a new PC,good one.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account