2015/03/31 23:54:33
letyourlightshine
I can't get bootcamp to work actually.no need to be snippy about it,This is a forum and i have the right to say my opinion,geez.
No not saying pc has no credibility,it would open it to more users,thats all.I get it not gunna happen.I just want o make my music on sonar on my fastest computer which is a mac,thats it,I personally like them the same,the computer and the OS is just a tool to make MUSIC.I don't love one over the other.
Ok then I will let it go,it was just an idea,sorry for even posting it
2015/04/01 00:22:25
Doktor Avalanche
Nobody said you shouldn't have an opinion?. Nobody I hope is saying I shouldn't have an opinion either? Nobody is saying PC's are better than Macs. Not one person so I'm not understanding why you keep saying you are tired of arguments, there are none here. I'm not sure opening it to a few more people adds 'credibility' which is what you said (not me) so apologies for me taking you up on it. Credibility is about the product itself not the environment it runs on for me (which is what you were implying earlier).

As far as just a tool to make music, yes you have the right idea. I think everybody was seeing it from that perspective though weren't they? Choose the tool that is right for you, Macs are good as well as PC's. My advice is get some advice in Sonar forums about bootcamp. Nobody is going to bash a Mac user.
2015/04/01 09:30:31
Bristol_Jonesey
bapu
-1 for Mac

It would serve me no purpose and probably diminish the effort on my Windows based DAW for at least 3 years while it was developed.

I'm with bapsi on this one. There are plenty enough issues to sort out on the pc platform let alone divert precious programming time to what would be a completely separate product line.
2015/04/01 10:13:30
dubdisciple
I don't think anyone has trashed mac.  Just seems like a lot of work and expense for very little expected gain. Logic dropping price to $225 is a serious game changer. Rain pretty much summed it up. Fl studio is taking much less of a risk going mac because there is no established mac program dominating its niche already.  
2015/04/03 23:27:47
letyourlightshine
Doktor Avalanche
Nobody said you shouldn't have an opinion?. Nobody I hope is saying I shouldn't have an opinion either? Nobody is saying PC's are better than Macs. Not one person so I'm not understanding why you keep saying you are tired of arguments, there are none here. I'm not sure opening it to a few more people adds 'credibility' which is what you said (not me) so apologies for me taking you up on it. Credibility is about the product itself not the environment it runs on for me (which is what you were implying earlier).

As far as just a tool to make music, yes you have the right idea. I think everybody was seeing it from that perspective though weren't they? Choose the tool that is right for you, Macs are good as well as PC's. My advice is get some advice in Sonar forums about bootcamp. Nobody is going to bash a Mac user.

Ok fair enough,it is the attitude that comes when someone suggests something others disagree with,I may be oversensitive.If I was I am sorry.I agree that the program itself and how it runs is more important than platforms,but I'm pretty sure more studios use macs than PCs,Now I could care less either way as long as the computer is fast enough.
I'm not really a "mac" user.I had never used or had one until last november,my wife bought it for me.I was excited until I realized how difficult it was to get sonar and all my plugins/samples on it.Sonar is and has always been my favorite DAW.
Maybe no one was bashing anything,but I often feel when I post here,or anywhere for that matter that people are way too argumentative and dismissive,maybe it is something only I have run into.
I will try bootcamp again,but I had sooooo much trouble with it,it really was frustrating and honestly I am not too thrilled about having to reboot to run sonar,then if I wanted to use a program on the mac having to restart again.Maybe I want to have my cake and eat it to.
I accept there will be no mac version of sonar,It is there company and they can do as they see fit.The whole thing about resources being diverted from windows users though is a strange reason not to make a mac version.I am assuming if they chose to make amax version they would have to invest money,hire more workers and grow the company,I'm not sure that would be a bad thing.Other companies seem able to do that without one platform getting jilted,but hey what do I know
2015/04/04 00:14:07
Susan G
Hi-

I really don't like to do this, but based on this post: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3192268
I have to vote 1, meaning: I "genuinely feel the Bakers time would be better spent working on something else."

I hate this voting system.

-Susan

2015/04/07 23:54:04
letyourlightshine
Susan G
Hi-

I really don't like to do this, but based on this post: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3192268
I have to vote 1, meaning: I "genuinely feel the Bakers time would be better spent working on something else."

I hate this voting system.

-Susan

Thats ok,your entitled to have your opinions and beliefs,it doesn't anger me.You were very kind about it,so thanks for that.I wouldn't want Cakewalks sonar to be negatively affected by the creation of a mac version.I was just thinking maybe a company expansion!:)New employees,more bakers,more updates and features and refinements for windows and a mac version.I ask too much I know.

2016/01/15 19:26:02
Robdumais
I love Sonar and have been using it for years. For the love of God please create a Mac version. You would increase your revenue tremendously. I can dream can't I?
2016/01/15 21:25:20
BobF
Sorry ...

2016/01/17 12:58:00
Sir Les
What about a Pear Bob F ?...being both to use ?/...could be a good thing?...but...if we take my perspective...it is not a living thing either, if we take the machine worded naming for a Computer...So it is not important.....Might be not worth it in the end....Just my perspective.

keep the body and mind and spirit well...and you need not a computer...if you learn how to make music...all one needs is: to be in making it, and putting it to good works in the Garden!.

Best wishes...In the New...yet still holds lots of old...cost and debts in the trillions for things ...said cannot be?...But are a tainting!

Now think why would someone say it ""COST TOO MUCH""?

That is the trick of the tale....to raise up the cost onto the ones not doing what should be done freely.

So...Yes one can say: "go get a PC that works better"....than the one that does not....Yet a cost is also with that..just to keep it going...the old ones of Yor.

Why is the infatuation to make a machine make music, or work of the living Human bodied estate?...if one living body and mind and spirit towards doing is with us as living, in making music be of the mind and soul and spirit , with the body....?

Then Here I am pondering the answer....If one does the math...and knows the codex...and has the time to give....Then it cost nothing but to do it!.

And rest a sured...a child will do more than this!

Best cheers for the new age to come!

And it will be completely new....not holding any old or monsters in it....That might help reduce the cost with, which continues the monsters being, to finally be resolved....but it is not yet come?...Because we did not yet do!.

LOL/...Just my bent perspective....Seems valid....to the ""IT COST TOO MUCH""...""ONLY ANSWER""...Being A LIE!...Most believe in!..and so it does!!..until it does not cost.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account