2015/07/18 00:32:01
mrdrwest
Rapture Pro 2.00.2.541 64-bit stand alone application will not load .RX2 files into the OSC/SMP section.

UPDATE: I used ProcMon from the Windows SysInternalsSuite to monitor the RapturePro_x64.exe process. There were A LOT of CreateFile operations resulting in NAME NOT FOUND entries. I noted the missing file was REX Shared Library.dll with several name variations; for example, including the words Debugging and Testing.

A search for REX Shared Library.dll on my computer returned four files in various locations. Of interest to me was that the file existed in %systemroot%\SysWOW64 for 32-bit processes but not in %systemroot%\System32 for 64-bit processes: The latter of which I chose to install on my computer via the CCC.

I copied the 64-bit REX Shared Library.dll from C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\SONAR Platinum to %systemroot%\System32, launched Rapture Pro and now it loads .RX2 files!

Problem Solved!
2015/07/18 01:32:07
arachnaut
It does load for me.

2015/07/18 14:28:25
mrdrwest
Interesting...

I've tried on my Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Build 10240 partitions with the same issue of not being able to load .RX2 files.

If you would, initialize a program in Rapture Pro, and try loading the samples into the OSC/SMP section.

Navigate to here:

C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\72 - REX Drum Loops\Drum n Bass Breaks

There should be 42 .RX2 files there to pick from.

Let us know your results.

BTW, when I do this, the samples never load and just show 'Empty.' in the text box.

2015/07/18 15:49:45
arachnaut
I did that and loaded the first 6 rex files into the 6 elements.

No problems at all.

Maybe you have some sort of permissions problem on those samples - perhaps try running RP as Admin. Or load them into a Sonar audio track to see if they are not corrupted.

I did not do that in my case.
2015/07/18 19:13:39
arachnaut
Perhaps you should enable logging and see what comes up.

2015/07/19 01:28:03
mrdrwest
Thanks for looking into that for me. Since this is occurring on both my W8.1Pro and W10Pro Build 10240 partitions on my laptop, this is very disconcerting.

Awhile back on Vista, I ran into a problem with a certain application after it was updated because of a laptop video driver causing DRM issues.

Be that as it may, I just remembered I may not have returned my laptop's BCD BootMenuPolicy from Legacy back to Standard (via BcdEdit.exe). My laptop uses UEFI firmware with CSM (legacy BIOS) support.

It's a guess, but...
2015/07/19 01:29:47
mrdrwest
Done.

Thanks for the suggestion.
2015/07/19 09:41:47
arachnaut
mrdrwest
Be that as it may, I just remembered I may not have returned my laptop's BCD BootMenuPolicy from Legacy back to Standard (via BcdEdit.exe). My laptop uses UEFI firmware with CSM (legacy BIOS) support.

It's a guess, but...

CSM support versus UEFI only applies during the boot loading process, not after run-time startup.
2015/07/19 20:38:37
mrdrwest

I discovered the problem!

The Rapture Pro 2.00.2.541 executable (standalone application) will not load .RX2 files. I resorted to installing the full Sonar Platinum Suite for testing and noted the .RX2 files loaded and played in both the Rapture Pro VSTi and sample render via drag-n-drop to an audio track.

Cakewalk, please fix this.
2015/07/20 01:20:14
arachnaut
All the tests I did above were with the standalone version of Rapture Pro, not the VST version.
RX2 files load fine for me.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account