• Cakewalk Instruments
  • I updated Dimension Pro 1.2 to D-Pro 1.5 - now my projects can't find Dimension Pro!
2015/08/03 01:44:33
stickman393
Can some kind soul tell me how to fix this? 

I followed the instructions given elsewhere in this forum to completely uninstall Dimension Pro 1.2 (registry cleaning and all) and run the 1.5 installer clean.

A new project will take a new instance of Dimension Pro (presumably the 1.5 version) but any pre-existing project that had an instance of Dimension Pro is now complaining that the plugin can not be found.

Is there a way to fix my projects so that the plugin reference is pointing to D-Pro 1.5? I'm hoping my project patches will be retained.

I guess I could insert new instrument tracks and copy the MIDI data over... but I really don't want to have to do that. 
2015/08/03 08:15:59
scook
Reinstall the DirectX version of DPro and manually swap out that version for the VST. There is no automation replacement of DirectX plug-ins for their VST counterpart.
2015/08/03 10:29:35
stickman393
Oh, so D-Pro 1.5 is VST only? And Dimension Pro 1.2 was DXi ? 

Yeah, that explains some things. I should have paid more attention. 

Thanks, scook.
2015/08/04 11:15:53
dantarbill
stickman393
Oh, so D-Pro 1.5 is VST only? And Dimension Pro 1.2 was DXi ? 

Yeah, that explains some things. I should have paid more attention. 

Thanks, scook.

You'll also need to have wav versions of the Multisamples.  The old DXi version doesn't know what to do with flac.
2015/08/04 16:03:35
stickman393
At this point, there is no trace of Dimension Pro 1.2 on my machine. I downloaded the 3 GB D-Pro 1.5 install and did a full install.
I've verified that programs (.prog) that I created  and saved with the older version will load up in the new one, and just work (yay).

Fortunately - or maybe it's one of the reasons I felt I could get away with doing it this way - I only use D-Pro for Strings and Miramba.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account