2015/08/05 19:57:21
esimila
How do you find the most-used presets in Rapture Pro?
2015/08/05 20:16:55
Doktor Avalanche
An Excel spreadsheet...
2015/08/06 06:19:46
ShellstaX
For now (... I'm hoping for Browser improvements) ... 

'Program' (dropdown) > Most Used

It's still split out by instrument 'Type' so you'd have to step through.

I'd prefer / the addition of a 'favorite/rating' system. 
2015/08/06 08:11:37
BobF
I submitted a "Favorites" request for RapPro a while back

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3215961
2015/08/12 12:42:20
chad
I created a "Favorites" folder within C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Rapture Pro\Programs.  Then I re-save my favorite programs to this folder, also tweak them slightly if desired. 

2015/08/12 20:59:29
ShellstaX
Thanks Chad - that is 'a' method. The programs are relatively small in size so I guess duplicates can be tolerated and as you say, you'd do so for tweaks anyway. The favorites folder could go in the User bank (or does the creation of a Favorites folder create a new bank(?) - not 'at the wheel' atm).

Thinkin' that'd be easier to find than a star rating too. May be 'best' to retain the RapPro instrument tree inside the Favorites.

Perhaps an update could have a '1-click' to dupe to / link from a Favorites folder/bank. (Like a Star / Bookmarking in Internet Browsers).

Yeah - saving is easy enough ... but it's perhaps not so obvious nor clearly identified as a 'favoriting' mechanism.
2015/08/13 07:15:26
BobF
I need to do more testing, but I tried saving preset and program with RapPro in a current project.  I can't get either to properly get a new instance of RapPro loaded correctly.

2015/08/13 07:48:06
ShellstaX
Mine worked OK.

Tip: Create the structure in File Explorer first
e.g,
cmd.exe
cd <%Content_Path%>\Rapture Pro\Programs
mkdir Favorites
#
mkdir "Atmospheric"
mkdir "Bass Guitars"
mkdir "Bass Synth"
mkdir "Brass"
mkdir "Drum Kits"
mkdir "Electric Guitars"
mkdir "Electric Pianos"
mkdir "Grooves"
mkdir "Lead Synth"
mkdir "Orchestral Stacks"
mkdir "Organs"
mkdir "Pattern Synth"
mkdir "Percussion"
mkdir "Pianos"
mkdir "Sound FX"
mkdir "Splits"
mkdir "Strings"
mkdir "Vocals"
mkdir "Woodwinds"
mkdir "World Instruments"

If you just save the .prog to top level it puts a <root> in the Instrument Type. You can delete it but have to restart the RapPro instance to regenerate the proglist. (Remember - the Synth will stay in the Rack even if you delete the Simple Instrument track).

(Of course) - you then "Save Program As ..." from the Browser > Program dropdown (top right) to the new directory structure.
2015/08/13 07:50:00
BobF
Too troublesome for me to deal with.  I'll keep pressing for the in-built approach.

Thanks though!!
2015/08/13 09:11:39
ShellstaX
You can do it from within RapPro to say the 'User' Bank too - see the animation ...

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account