2016/01/16 05:56:57
klaw35ekac
It would be nice if there would be a preset for Sonar Platinum to work with M-audio Code 49 keyboard controller because besides controlling 8 faders for volume and the 8 encoder knobs for panning I can't control anything.
Can someone tell me how I get the master fader and transport buttons on the Code 49 to control the master fader and transport in sonar?
2016/01/18 15:49:58
azslow3
For transport you can try Generic Surface. So, you can combine ACT MIDI (for 8/8/8 controls), Generic Surface (for transport) and MIDI learn ("Right click/Remote control..." for the master fader).

Alternatively, you can test your luck with Mackie Control mode. If M-audio is able to reply on Mackie Control handshake correctly, SONAR "Mackie Control" plug-in will allow you to do what you want (otherwise you get "Connecting..." status and nothing else).

Yet another way is to join "my club" (see the link in signature). You get endless possibilities to pair you controller with Sonar functionality, but as a consequence you can spend endless time to do so
2016/01/19 11:59:52
klaw35ekac
Thank you azslow,

the M-audio code 49 Mackie control doesn't work with Sonar, it only says connected in the control bar.
My first goals are to use the faders for volume (the ninth for the master), the rotary's for panning, the transport controls for transport and the pads for drumming, that's not too much is it?
I don't understand M-audio (or cakewalk) provide a preset for people like me who have a hard time reading and understanding these manuals in English ( I'm Dutch).
Further more I'm a musician( singer, guitarplayer) and no rocket scientist.
If I join you're club can I then get a good simple explanation of what to do?

Mvg,

Toon.

2016/01/19 15:16:22
azslow3
tberg@telenet.be
the M-audio code 49 Mackie control doesn't work with Sonar, it only says connected in the control bar.

So, no second option (at least not out of the box, there is at least one mod of Mackie plug-in which can work).

My first goals are to use the faders for volume (the ninth for the master), the rotary's for panning, the transport controls for transport and the pads for drumming, that's not too much is it?

If you do not want control buses, or just one fixed bus/master on ninth fader, you can use Generic Surface plug-in for volume, pan and transport. Then MIDI learn ninth fader to control your master (that you will be forced to do in each new project separately, till you create a template project with that mapping, also note the CC from that fader can leak into MIDI track set to Omni input). For drums you need to configure M-Audio to send correct notes, your drum VSTi dependent (Sonar just pass that events normally, but you can create "Drum map" in Sonar for that purpose, especially in case you are going to use several drum VSTi with different mappings).

I don't understand M-audio (or cakewalk) provide a preset for people like me who have a hard time reading and understanding these manuals in English ( I'm Dutch).

You can download Reference guide in French (Italian and several other languages). You need Chapter 40 to understand how Control Surfaces can be mapped.

Further more I'm a musician( singer, guitarplayer) and no rocket scientist.

Sorry to say but Sonar is a complex program for studio engineers, everything can be done several different ways depending on needs, goals and personal preferences. You controller is flexible and Sonar is flexible. There is no "single right way" to use the combination. Studio engineering is a separate discipline from singer or guitar player. If a rocket (well... in my case computer) scientist will ask you how to sing and play guitar good, without spending time for lessons and without reading anything about music, what can you answer?

If I join you're club can I then get a good simple explanation of what to do?

In my club, there are 2 options:
1) if you can follow these 2 instruction sets: http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,9.0.html and http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,154.0.html, you will be close to your target setup, except master fader (for which you will get step by step instruction or I will simply modify the preset for you)
2) I can do complete setup for you remotely within 1-2 hours

In both cases, you will need some time and patience. As you understand, for option 2 I have to read, understand and apply on practice code 49 documentation (I do not have that or comparable device). In fact I went throw it before the first reply (I am not a person who gives "generic advises" without checking they make sense). So I think asking you to spend some time to make your gear function as you want is reasonable.

In case you are interested in my opinion what is the probability that Cakewalk or M-Audio satisfy your request and prepare ready to use solution for M-Audio code 49 and Sonar: it is very close to zero...
2016/01/19 15:55:29
klaw35ekac
Hello azslow,

I now managed to get the transport controls working with the generic surface, the faders and rotary's work with act control, the pads work for drumming, that leaves only the ninth fader (or actually it's the first one on the left labeled master). The buttons will be for later, I'm glad I got it running so far.
Thank you for your help so far,

mvg,

Toon.

2016/01/19 17:42:38
azslow3
There are only two options without third party plug-ins:
a) use MIDI learn on control: right click on Main or Bus fader, "Remote control...", move the fader on code 49, "Learn", "Ok".
b) setup other 8 faders/rotaries with Generic Surface, setup the last one with "ACT MIDI". Switch "ACT MIDI" to control Mains or Buses as needed. I do not remember either "ACT MIDI" can remember mode on Sonar reload.

2016/01/20 10:35:38
klaw35ekac
That's great azslow!
I didn't even know that remote control by rightclicking
existed.
Now I've got the master fader working too, Thank you!
Have you got some hints foor the buttons to?
2016/01/20 14:27:17
azslow3
tberg@telenet.be
Have you got some hints for the buttons to?

It depends from what you want to do with buttons...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account