• Software
  • What's the best way to delete & reinstall Melodyne? Answered.
2018/04/02 12:36:23
Mesh
[edited post]
Every time I run SPLAT's scanner it crashes at Melodyne.
Since I'm using the Melodyne version that came with SPLAT, what's the best way to remove & reinstall?

2018/04/06 10:41:20
Mesh
Bump...
2018/04/06 13:37:02
scook
The last time I uninstalled it, I used the Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features.
2018/04/06 14:14:01
Mesh
scook
The last time I uninstalled it, I used the Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features.

I'm actually good at uninstalling stuff

How did you reinstall it since it's tied to SPLAT? (that's actually what my main concern was).

EDIT:
I just checked my Cakewalk account and do have Melodyne 2 Essential which I got back in 2014 (I think it came with Sonar). Will there be any issues installing that and using the serial? (it also states "For the best experience, we recommend installing Connected Products with Cakewalk Command Center."

Not sure if CCC is still working for this?
2018/04/06 15:05:18
jude77
Whenever I've had crashes with Melodyne in SONAR I've discovered that in some way my Melodyne license was corrupt.  You might log into Celemony and make sure everything is good there.

I'm not sure, but I think your copy of Melodyne is independent of SONAR.  I don't think it's tied to SPLAT like other plugins.  Other may know this for sure.
2018/04/06 15:15:38
Mesh
jude77
Whenever I've had crashes with Melodyne in SONAR I've discovered that in some way my Melodyne license was corrupt.  You might log into Celemony and make sure everything is good there.

I'm not sure, but I think your copy of Melodyne is independent of SONAR.  I don't think it's tied to SPLAT like other plugins.  Other may know this for sure.

I think you might be right.....I just logged into Celemony (I can't even remember when I created this account) and saw a serial for Melodyne 4.

Thanks Jude, I now have an option for reinstalling.
Cheers,
Mesh
2018/04/06 17:11:55
bluzdog
I don't think I have a user account and I've had Melodyne since 2012. Maybe it's time.

Rocky
edit: I do have an account. I just haven't been there in a long time.
2018/04/06 17:49:29
scook
Use the Melodyne installer bundled with SONAR for the very first install only. After that, your are a registered Celemony customer (or you failed to register and activate Melodyne with Celemony, Cakewalk did not automatically take care of that step). Celemony provide all updates and installers. If you have not already, get the installer from your Celemony account.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account