• Software
  • Bandlab Assistant Updated (p.3)
2018/04/08 02:10:10
Mosvalve
kitekrazy1
So they updated what? Hopefully it kills the auto startup.

Just remove it from MsConfig and it won't open when you boot up.
2018/04/08 14:58:00
Skyline_UK
I'm now on Assistant 3.0.6 which gives the option 'Disable launch on startup'.
I had to download and reinstall the Assistant as selecting 'check for updates' in the original Assistant just kept returning 3.0.4 as the latest one.

Under Apps it says Cakewalk is still up to date.
2018/04/08 15:36:45
bitflipper
Can confirm that the new option works. No more auto-run for BA. I had deleted the registry key yesterday, and it's still gone this morning.

However, you will have to manually download and install BA 3.0.6 to get this feature.
2018/04/08 17:59:52
scook
Seems odd. I did nothing other than let the update happen that BL pushed to me. BA went from 3.0.4 to 3.0.6. This morning when I turned on the PC (cold start every morning, Win10 fast boot disabled), BA did not start automatically. I never messed with the registry or manually download anything other than 3.0.3 days ago. Do notice that BA launches and connects much faster than before.
2018/04/08 20:58:53
bitflipper
I've never had an update pushed to me. I believe it has something to do with my recurring "Can not find Squirrel" error message. First time I cracked up at the message and didn't read it in full. Just looked at it again, and the full message is as follows:

[Window Title]
Error
[Main Instruction]
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process
[Content]
Uncaught Exception:
Error: Can not find Squirrel
at AutoUpdater.emitError (C:\Users\davet\AppData\Local\bandlab-assistant\app-3.0.4\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\auto-updater-win.js:58:24)
at AutoUpdater.checkForUpdates (C:\Users\davet\AppData\Local\bandlab-assistant\app-3.0.4\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\auto-updater-win.js:29:19)
at App.app.on (C:\Users\davet\AppData\Local\bandlab-assistant\app-3.0.4\resources\app.asar\index-win.js:159:21)
at emitTwo (events.js:130:20)
at App.emit (events.js:213:7)
[OK]

Note that the error is raised in a function named "AutoUpdater".

BTW, "Squirrel" is an auto-updater utility similar to Microsoft's ClickOnce. The slogan, in fact, is "Squirrel: It's like ClickOnce but works". That was my clue as to why I was getting this error, which turned out to be a self-inflicted injury. I had renamed the updater  from "update.exe" to "fu.exe" in order to defeat the auto-start feature. Turns out, update.exe is the main piece of Bandlab Assistant. It is the Squirel.
2018/04/08 21:07:47
bitflipper
Curiously, the in-app "App Version" menu option shows 3.0.6, but the internal datestamp of the exe still reads 3.0.4. I'm guessing that in their hurry to get the fix out they forgot to update the version info in the file header.

2018/04/08 21:34:45
kitekrazy1
App no longer runs at startup. Bandlab launches without the need for the assistant.  Bandlab also migrated previous settings with no problems.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account