2015/07/23 08:14:31
Lord Tim
One thing I really appreciate about Adobe After Effects is you can send a bunch of different compositions to the render queue and hit a button and do everything at once (well, sequentially), rather than sitting around and waiting for each to finish before you have to start off a new one - something that could take many hours between each render if the project is complex enough.

Tonight I'm rendering out an album for a client in SONAR, and each project is quite complex, so each export is at least 10 minutes. If there was a way to queue them all up and set and forget, much like exporting Mix Recall mixes are, that would be a MASSIVE time-saver. I could have easily done a set and forget and gone off to have dinner or whatever and come back to a completed album.

I'd see this as something that would be like a playlist of sorts, and it would only exit on error (such as a missing plugin, etc.) before the queue is done.

What do we all think?
2015/07/23 09:00:28
stevec
Batch processing?     Yup, good idea in my book.

2015/07/23 10:48:40
mudgel
Yep. That's an area where Sonar is lacking. For these sorts of batch processes it really needs a scripting language.
2015/07/23 10:52:02
pwalpwal
mudgel
Yep. That's an area where Sonar is lacking. For these sorts of batch processes it really needs a scripting language.

like CAL?
2015/07/23 10:56:14
mudgel
To the best of my knowledge Cal only ever worked with MIDI data not audio.
2015/07/23 23:25:16
Lord Tim
Yeah, a scripting language is high on my wishlist too!

I'm not sure if that'd apply in this situation since it would be loading in separate projects files rather than actually manipulating the files themselves like you'd expect from scripting, but I guess theoretically you could write a utility to load *.cwp in a directory and then export.
2015/07/24 03:09:52
pwalpwal
mudgel
To the best of my knowledge Cal only ever worked with MIDI data not audio.

indeed it only works with MIDI right now, but CAL is still a scripting language; cakewalk also started out as midi only i believe? so maybe CAL could be "shown some love"...
2015/07/25 10:47:15
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
What if there was a way to export all projects in a playlist?
2015/07/26 12:30:44
Brando
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
What if there was a way to export all projects in a playlist?

I like that approach.
2015/07/26 12:31:38
John T
Aye, that's pretty good. Would save me plenty of time.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account