2015/07/27 08:55:32
Lord Tim
Yeah, absolutely on board with that idea!
2015/07/27 09:11:19
Bristol_Jonesey
Great idea Noel.
2015/07/27 10:05:41
mettelus
+1 to exporting projects in a playlist.
2015/07/28 02:43:24
Lord Tim
Just as a thought with the "export all projects in Playlist" thing, hopefully if it does go ahead, it doesn't load all of the projects into memory first like the current playlist tends to do. I was giving that a workout on some VST heavy projects the other day and it brought my system crashing (literally) to its knees.

Ideally I'd love to see a situation where it'd load the project you want to export, do the export, close it and then load the next one in the list or it'd be unfortunately all but worthless on my current set up*.

* to be fair it's EXTREMELY underspecc'd for what I'm doing with it and what you'd expect from a current DAW, and will be replaced in the near future, but I can still see extremely complex projects still being problematic if they were loaded simultaneously rather than sequentially.
2015/07/28 16:38:48
ampfixer
This sounds like a great idea but when doing a batch process you would have to be sure that there was no user intervention required during the export. It would suck if you cued up a bunch of songs for export and went on to do other things, and then came back to see that there was a pop up waiting for user input.

I remember doing this with mainframe stats processing. You would cue up your work at 5 pm and have the results waiting when you returned in the morning.
2016/01/14 19:01:58
Vlar
What about batch rendering songs from a live recording via markers that included embedded metadata? Each song could be added to a render queue that would render out the selection between markers and proceed to the next queue item(s). The beginning marker of each song could contain all the info that would be populated into the meta-tags for mp3, flac or whatever. ANY kind of batch render queue would be a welcome addition. Adobe has this sort of thing for video in After Effects.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account