2016/01/04 09:58:48
williamcopper
10.   Default to no controllers shown, or perhaps Velocity Only.

2016/01/04 09:59:50
williamcopper
11.   New dialog for choosing controller lanes to add:   a)  MULTIPLE SELECTIONS without closing the dialog and having to open it again one at a time.    b)  include a "show all for track" (active track only if multiple tracks) option   c) include a "show all for all tracks" option.

2016/01/04 20:48:00
jpetersen
williamcopper
1.    Disable "grab the value" as a default for the 'Smart Tool'.    Or make a way to draw without catching on the existing value. 

Are you referring to the "Move" function? (where the cursor turns into a cross made up of arrows?)
In Sonar 8 there were just 3 tools. Selector/Edit/Delete. 
If you pressed the "Alt" key, then no matter which tool was active, it turned into the Move tool.
I really still prefer that, especially when the song starts to fill up and I have to zoom out.
The Smart tool is then difficult to use because the notes start to get small. I so often change duration instead of moving, for example.
2016/01/05 01:57:43
williamcopper
That's right -- in the controller pane, smart tool, when you move the mouse cursor near to the horizontal line representing the last recent value the cursor changes to the 'move tool' cursor, then the only thing you can do is move a value up or down, you can't even move it horizontally.    While some people might want that sometimes, as the only and default action it is not a good design.    And if you use 'ALT' with the smart tool in the Controller Pane, it turns into ERASE.    Another uncommon thing that would be better off taken out.
2016/01/16 20:24:31
williamcopper
Some darn john moved this to the feature forum prematurely, against my wishes, before it had been organized.  

May he burn his fingers for it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account