2015/12/19 16:42:59
bits2tubes
Can you please replace the tinker toy knobs your using for the new one knob does it all actions!? Please make them look like something that belongs with the rest of the software.  A simple black on silver or something.  Your making a pro software look like a video game. Yuck! 

And you're from Boston?
2015/12/20 00:22:25
ashtangakasha
Agreed. See my prior post: msg 3337298

Allen

2015/12/20 19:40:28
bits2tubes
I've refused to use them.  If I can't get it done with the regular tools Sonar offers...I won't do it.
2015/12/20 20:57:47
letyourlightshine
I agree,shouldn't have made them for sonar,cheapens it.Whether its fair or not,this is the kind of thing that makes other DAW users think sonar cannot for lack of a better phrase "run with the big boys/girls".Now obviously we know that is crap.Sonar could and should be in the top 5 DAWs.
I was annoyed that instead of releasing more pro channel modules(there have to be analogue gear left to model/are overloud,boz digital labs,and softtube that would want to make pro channel plugins of certain software right?
Instead if doing that they made those knobs,that in my opinion sound terrible,or better put not useful,and they look like silly toys.But I have had many sonar users(on Facebook)tell me they liked them or I was wrong for wanting more pro channel mid. from cakewalk/3rd parties because there are  "fx chains" and they seem to think cakewalk has released plenty.......I don't get it.
2015/12/20 21:09:49
bits2tubes
Maybe what we need is one BIG KNOB labled "Make my music Perfect".  Color it yellow for chicken S..t!
2015/12/20 21:54:40
letyourlightshine
I just don't get anyone likes them....
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Style-Dials-compact-mode-m3337298.aspx
Guess no one wants pro channel modules,unless they are one knobs 
2015/12/20 22:43:38
sharke
I think they're appealing to the newbie market with those knobs. Personally I haven't found a use for them yet, and as far as I know they're just bog standard Sonnitus effects under the hood (although I may be wrong). It seems like a cheap and easy way to advertise a "new feature" although I have heard some people say they've been using them successfully. 

Personally though, I'd rather see Cakewalk code these Style Dials entirely from scratch with new algorithms. There's clearly some DSP talent there (think CA-2A) and I think they could get away with selling them as modules if they were good enough. 
2015/12/21 06:11:57
azslow3
Since ProChannel in current implementation is a garbage collector, it is the right place to put some garbage

Explanation. In attempt to create something "new" and somehow keep old Filters functionality inside, CW has managed to introduce yet another FX Bin with proprietary programming interface and fixed size small GUIs which:
a) put chaos in FX construction logic (from audio processing point it is still just second FX bin)
b) has not logical limitations in the content (coming from Filters)
c) has not logical limitations in the interface
d) is not control surfaces friendly

2015/12/21 17:08:43
stevec
I completely disagree - I use PC a good 90% of the time over FX Bins.  And I find them anything but illogical.   This topic was discussed a lot early in the X series, and it seems that most either like and use them or will never like or use them.   I'm in the former group.   Although, I haven't used any SDs yet...

2015/12/21 17:17:46
Soundwise
Speed Dials are put in a separate group. If you don't like it - just don't click there and you won't see any SD at all. I honestly don't know what's not to like about SDs. They are easy to use, do the job and look great. Well, there are better tools just as there are better composers, engineers and producers. So what?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account