2015/05/08 02:09:39
Fabio Rubato
Have a project with an instance of RP - in Plt. Took around 5 min to load the project. I know it's Rapture as when I first loaded it into the project initially, it took that long for it appear. Anyone else experiencing really slow load times?

Any process available to speed it up, like 'batch-resave' in Kontact as this speeds K loads quite well?

Thanks in advance.
2015/05/08 02:46:30
subtlearts
I can corroborate this: Rapture Pro takes longer to load on my system than any plugin I have ever used, by a country mile. It beats the previous record holder, Alchemy, by a factor of five - it's so extreme that despite liking the synth and being interested in getting into it a bit further, I am reluctant to use it in a project. Out of interest, it also takes a very long time to start it standalone, so the issue would not seem to be VST-related.

Anyone else? Or, are most people seeing it load quickly and there's some system-related problem? I admit am on a pretty old maching here - Q6600 2.4Ghz, a measly 4GB RAM (this might be the first thing I try to improve as it's probably pretty cheap at this point), running 64-bit, no SSD - but it still works pretty well for most purposes, so I haven't felt the need to dump it and build a new one... yet...
2015/05/08 02:55:33
TomHelvey
Yep, I'm seeing the same thing and this box is no slouch. I thought it crashed Sonar a couple times, it hangs for around 5 min but eventually it loads. I think I'm going to wait until they get some of the bugs fixed before I actually commit to using it in any projects other than TestRP.

2015/05/08 02:55:55
mudgel
I decided only two days ago to get Rap Pro and I agree it is by far the slowest to load either as a plugin or stand alone. There's not really much of a preferences section where settings could be changed. Surely it's not rescanning its whole database of samples and programs each load.
2015/05/08 03:35:23
subtlearts
mudgel
I decided only two days ago to get Rap Pro and I agree it is by far the slowest to load either as a plugin or stand alone. There's not really much of a preferences section where settings could be changed. Surely it's not rescanning its whole database of samples and programs each load.

... For "Surely" read "Ummm.... hopefully?"

'Cause that's not the craziest theory I've ever heard. But it would sure be disappointing.
2015/05/08 03:51:13
subtlearts
Here's a question: what's the best way we can bring this to the attention of the appropriate bakers? Is "please try to make this load much, much faster" more of a Feature request, or more of a Problem report?

I have to wonder whether this is across the board, or just a bug that manifests on some systems but not others? If it took this long to load when they were finished coding it and about to release it, then there is something very wrong in the quality control department. But if it loads lickety-split for some/most users, but needs to be started the night before for others... For example, if it is in fact rescanning its database every time, and this is not the intended behaviour, what could be causing it on some systems but not others? I installed it from CCC with factory settings...
2015/05/08 04:04:56
Kamikaze
mudgel

Just loaded mine into blank project and loaded before I could count to 2. Mind you, I only have one 2GB Bank for it to scan, so maybe you are on to something. To load a 1945MB program took about 10 seconds, off a standard laptop harddrive
2015/05/08 04:08:25
subtlearts
Thanks. Interesting, and strange and slightly troubling but also hopeful in that maybe I can get it to work much better. The only add-on bank that I have at the moment is Galbanum Piscis. I will see if I can figure out how to uninstall that and see if it makes a difference...

Do the other folks seeing long load times have expansion packs, or vanilla installs? Kamikaze, did you install it over existing Rapture and DimPro installs, or on a blank slate?
2015/05/08 04:29:00
Kamikaze
Blank slate
2015/05/08 04:39:42
Fabio Rubato
Well this is probably the issue. I have the Rap Pro Library, Expansion Pack - Universal 120 and version 2 showing; one from Rapture and one from CC download, Biolabs Vol 1, Craig's Minimog Tribute, Dim Pro EP - legacy, DSF Vol 1 Filmscore, DSF - Vol 1 Grand Piano, Hip Hop Producer, Vocal Expressions, Galbanum - Pisics, Gibson EBS, Gibson Gold Top, Rap Classic Factory Library, and Rap Legacy. 

That's a lot of expansions right there and if they're scanning all that each time it loads, then I'm not surprised there's a big wait. Work-around to bounce track once finished maybe...or have a batch-resave ability?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account