2015/05/08 04:48:25
subtlearts
Hmm. I'm wondering if the blank slate thing is where we should be looking - maybe it's if you install (like me) over existing Rapture / DimPro installations, and it kind of has to deal with all that as well as its own versions of those libraries - there seems to be some overlap.

So I'm thinking I may have to (when I feel like spending an hour on this) uninstall all 3, carefully saving any user presets I may need in future, then install Rapture Pro *first*. Then I would likely install Rapture again, since I have used it in so many projects and I'm not sure how they will react to trying to use RapPro instead - though it might be interesting to find out, maybe it's a clean replacement and can handle that? Seems unlikely, but a person can hope...

DimPro I think I will leave uninstalled, as I have basically never used it in a project. Assuming this is the problem and RapPro loads fast, it would wholly replace DimPro for me. Rapture too but only if projects can magically load it.

I seem to recall Galbanum Piscis being a right pain to get working on Win7 and later (I'm on 8.1 here), requiring registry hacks, but now it seems to show up in my CCC so maybe that will be resolved?
2015/05/08 04:49:24
mduque
The same to me. I am travelling and use my small laptop and takes almost 5 minutes for one instance. What if I need 9 or 10 instances e.g. for an orchestral setup? Does it mean I cannot use all the expansions? Crazy. It was happening the same with Synthmaster and the guys worked hard to solve the issue.

I am going to report it.
2015/05/08 04:49:38
Kamikaze
I asked for a listing of the content of each pack, so I can make an educated decision about downloading each one. Partly because download speed is terrible here at the moment, and partly because I don't want to wade through banks of unneeded stuff. If this means that my system is faster because of it, then that's another reason to have a listing.

You can't delete programs from Rapture GUI. If you go ahead and delete sample banks in an attempt to tidy up, you don't really have an intuitive way to know what Programs relate to them. For instance I have 4 programs using the clavinet SFZ files, but only one of those is listed under Electric pianos, the others are things like 'World Instruments' which is the last place I'd look.

2015/05/08 05:01:01
subtlearts
Hmm. I succumbed to unbridled optimism and just let it rip and installed the whole shebang, over top of existing Rapture and DimPro installations... and here's what I have in the Bank list:

Rapture Pro factory library
Dimension Pro factory library
Expansion Pack: Dimension Pro (legacy)
Expansion Pack: Galbanum Piscis
Expansion Pack: Gibson Les Paul Gold Top
Rapture Classic factory library
Expansion Pack: Rapture (legacy)
Expansion Pack: User

Again, there seems to be lots of crossover with the Rapture Classic factory library and the Rapture legacy library. I wonder what would be the best/easiest/cleanest/quickest way to eliminate at least this redundancy and hopefully speed up load times?
2015/05/08 05:10:07
Kamikaze
Just realised that PianoT is actually PianetT, but Youtube isn't working at the moment, so I can't see if I want that sound, I'm not too familar with it. Hiding stuff you don't want also makes CCC work faster, with checking for updates. The more I look at the list the more I want to cut it, but the installer has so little info beyond the download size.

2015/05/08 05:10:07
Kamikaze
blah
2015/05/08 05:17:25
Bristol_Jonesey
Painfully slow here as well.

Rap Pro takes nearly as long to load as my orchestral template (135 tracks, multiple instances of Play, EWQLSO Platinum).
2015/05/08 05:20:20
Fabio Rubato
Blah blah indeed! Rapture Pro takes so long to load that - fill in the blank with an appropriate comparison - I could write a symphony and mix it as well. lol!

2015/05/08 05:33:24
subtlearts
Kamikaze
Just realised that PianoT is actually PianetT, but Youtube isn't working at the moment, so I can't see if I want that sound, I'm not too familar with it.

The Pianet was made by Hohner and is loosely similar to a clav but the action and sound are very different - instead of strings like a clav or round tines like a Rhodes they have flat metal 'reeds', a bit like a Wurli - but instead of being struck by hammers or the like they are excited by a kind of sticky pad attached to the keys pulling away from the reed. It's a cool, unique sound - I've played and recorded on a real one and it's weird and very cool. There were some hits that featured it... "She's Not There", "Louie Louie", "Joy To The World"...

2015/05/08 08:14:14
bz2838
Rapture Pro really slow to load here too, called support, waiting for their reply after sending logs they requested.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account