2015/05/08 08:25:14
BobF
RapPro was never to the point of painful loading here, but I have gained huge improvement by adding flac/wav/mp3 types to the exclude types list in my antivirus, along with the Cake content directly and the Sonar process.

I use Windows Defender
2015/05/08 09:12:03
Anderton
subtlearts
a measly 4GB RAM

Fabio has 16 GB and is experiencing the same issues, so it may not be your RAM. Regardless, 4 GB is really minimal - you'll probably have a much better computing experience overall if you bump it up to at least 8 GB.
2015/05/08 09:12:25
jih64
I have installed -

Dimension Pro
E-MU Proteus -
   Mo' Phatt
   Planet Earth
   Proteus 2000
   PX-7 Drums
   Virtuoso 2000
   Xtreme Lead 1
DSF Symphonic Strings HD
DSF Vol 3 Vocal Expressions
DSF Ultra Modern Synthesizers
DSF Vol 7 Accoustic Kits
Gibson EB5 Bass
Platinum Samples Rock Legends Kit 1 and 2
Dim Pro Holiday Pack
Andy Johns Kit 1

Rapture
DSF Dance Tools
DSF Analog Digital Synth Resource
DSF Synthesizer Rage
Encanti Haunted EDM
Galbanum Piscis
Muz4um

Rapture Pro
DSF Vol 3 Vocal Expressions
DSF Ultra Modern Synthesizers
Galbanum Piscis
These 3 also installed for Rapture Pro (the others above didn't show up for download and installation under Rapture Pro in CCC)

Loading Rapture Pro Stand Alone is roughly 3 seconds
Loading Rapture Pro into a project with various other audio tracks and vst's, BFD3 etc, approx the same 3 seconds
Loading Rapture Pro into a blank Project, approx 3 seconds to load it and tracks, then approx 3 seconds for Rapture Pro to open when clicked on
Sometimes rarely it has taken a little longer, but nothing excessive, 10/15 seconds at the most, but usually it's as above. (I think I placed the above in the correct lists, one or 2 may be listed under Dim Pro but should be Rapture and visa versa, but I think it is correct)

2015/05/08 10:10:20
subtlearts
BobF
RapPro was never to the point of painful loading here, but I have gained huge improvement by adding flac/wav/mp3 types to the exclude types list in my antivirus, along with the Cake content directly and the Sonar process.

Whoa. That sped up my load time from about 3 minutes to about 40 seconds, which is still pretty bad but a huge improvement. Thanks for that! I've never seen anyone else mention this anywhere - I'm going to see what else it can speed up (obviously it doesn't make sense to use it to speed up your internet browser or anything else that ought to be scanned continuously). Other people with slow load times - give this a try!
2015/05/08 10:34:04
BobF
subtlearts
BobF

Whoa. That sped up my load time from about 3 minutes to about 40 seconds, which is still pretty bad but a huge improvement. Thanks for that! I've never seen anyone else mention this anywhere - I'm going to see what else it can speed up (obviously it doesn't make sense to use it to speed up your internet browser or anything else that ought to be scanned continuously). Other people with slow load times - give this a try!

Someone else posted it here in the forums ... I wish I could remember who.
2015/05/08 10:59:01
Wookiee
Along with painfully slow to load I have been experiencing and Audio Engine drop out the first time Rapture Pro is sent midi data in a project.

I will explain.

This is a new project started since the Dorchester update and the installation of Rapture Pro.

As is my standard practice the project does not really start until Bar 2 beat 1.
Rapture Pro does not start playing until Bar 13 beat 4.
On first loading the project whilst allowing time for everything to load i.e AD2 samples other soft synths and Rapture Pro.

If I hit "W" to rewind then hit "Space Bar" to play, the project plays fine until it hits Bar 13 Beat 4 when the Audio Engine drops out.

If I again hit "W" to rewind then hit "Space Bar" to play, the project plays fine through to the end.

Anyone else seeing this.

For reference, the PC is my dedicated DAW PC CPU 2600K at 3.4 Gig 8Gig RAM, Focusrite Saffire Pro 26i/o I/F (original) Win 7 64 Bit, Only Application Running is SONAR Platinum Version 21.03.000 Build 20 - x64.
Soft synths loaded for this Project.

AD 2 Jazz Brush Kit
Arturia Wurlitzer V
Arturia Prophet V2
Korg M1
Cakewalk Rapture Pro. 

There is also one Audio track for a small live guitar piece.
2015/05/08 16:23:04
musicmanrdu
Yep. I can confirm.
2015/05/08 16:59:36
subtlearts
OK I managed to get around to uninstalling all three - Rapture, Rapture Pro and Dimension. And then did a clean re-install of RapturePro first. followed by Rapture. And guess what? It loads pretty quickly now. Like, well under 10 seconds. That's down from 4 minutes or so.

So, it looks like there may be a problem with installing it over existing Rapture and/or DimPro installations. YMMV, but here it more or less completely solved the problem The first load with new content is a bit slower, but after that it's smooth sailing. Yay!
2015/05/08 19:55:00
Fabio Rubato
subtlearts
OK I managed to get around to uninstalling all three - Rapture, Rapture Pro and Dimension. And then did a clean re-install of RapturePro first. followed by Rapture. And guess what? It loads pretty quickly now. Like, well under 10 seconds. That's down from 4 minutes or so.

So, it looks like there may be a problem with installing it over existing Rapture and/or DimPro installations. YMMV, but here it more or less completely solved the problem The first load with new content is a bit slower, but after that it's smooth sailing. Yay!

Looks like this is the way to go...going to try the files exclusion in MS Essentials first before going down that road though.
2015/05/08 20:42:48
BobF
subtlearts

Thanks for the update.  I think when an update becomes available for RapPro I'll do a complete uninstall of DP and Rap Amateur and go that route.  I might even load Rap Pro from scratch with CCC ... :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account