2015/05/12 16:21:09
SquareSpiral
Getting slow loading times here too 1-2mins when inserting into an empty project. Slowest synth on my system even putting the previous winner of Alchemy to shame in the loading stakes.

Also getting lots of pops and clicks while playing - To be clear with my normal latency settings none of my other plugins do this  - even Kontact running the massive CineStrings core patches.

I love Dim Pro and use it all the time, and original Rapture too, to a lesser extent. Was really looking forward to RapPro, but I have to say I am a little disappointed in RP so far. The new browser while a massive improvement on DimPros terrible implementation still needs a lot of work to make it truly great.

Hopefully a future update will iron our some of the issues.
2015/05/13 08:59:25
mduque
I am so disappointed. I had doubts to buy "Spire" instead of RP or even "Massive". 
Now I see that I have wasted my money.

Is there any possibility to be refund? I uninstalled everything and start over and that was ok for a while until I installed another VST (Silver Piano) using Pace iLook software and now RP again takes minutes to load. ****!
2015/05/14 20:10:37
subtlearts
Look further up in this thread - there are two solutions that have worked for me and others - one easy, the other more drastic. The easy one is to add R-Pro (and Sonar and Cakewalk content folders) to your antivirus exclusion list, and the drastic one is to uninstall Rapture and Dimension pro, if you have them, and then uninstall/reinstall Rapture Pro *first* before reinstalling Rapture and/or DimPro, if you need them for existing projects. Between those two I got my originally *very* long load time down to a quite reasonable 10-20 seconds or so. And I'm on an old, slow machine.
2015/05/14 23:08:55
TomHelvey
subtlearts
Look further up in this thread - there are two solutions that have worked for me and others - one easy, the other more drastic. The easy one is to add R-Pro (and Sonar and Cakewalk content folders) to your antivirus exclusion list, and the drastic one is to uninstall Rapture and Dimension pro, if you have them, and then uninstall/reinstall Rapture Pro *first* before reinstalling Rapture and/or DimPro, if you need them for existing projects. Between those two I got my originally *very* long load time down to a quite reasonable 10-20 seconds or so. And I'm on an old, slow machine.

Not really a good solution or a fix. I'll wait until Cakewalk patches it. In the meantime, I'll use something else. There is nothing in RP that's indispensable.
2015/05/15 02:33:14
SandyC
Fabio Rubato
Have a project with an instance of RP - in Plt. Took around 5 min to load the project. I know it's Rapture as when I first loaded it into the project initially, it took that long for it appear. Anyone else experiencing really slow load times?

Any process available to speed it up, like 'batch-resave' in Kontact as this speeds K loads quite well?

Thanks in advance.

Yep, I too can confirm that RapturePro takes over 5 minutes to load on my system - both as VST and stand-alone. By way of comparison Sonar loads in 3 to 4 seconds, Rapture and DimensionPro less than 2 seconds.

I sent an email to support and they acknowledge the problem, so I presume they new this when they sold me this dog. DimensionPro could take a while to load when you added a preset, but not *EVERY* time you start the program.

I was looking forward to experimenting with this software but now I'm just looking at ways of getting *some* value from my upgrade (complete with many preset packages) by loading the patch elements into user patches in Dimension and Rapture.

Anyone reading this who hasn't purchased RP, my advice is to save your money.

Cheers,
Sandy
2015/05/15 03:59:04
c5_convertible
TomHelvey
subtlearts

Not really a good solution or a fix. I'll wait until Cakewalk patches it. In the meantime, I'll use something else. There is nothing in RP that's indispensable.

Why is adding the rapture pro content folders to your antivirus exclusion list a bad solution? This is what the AV exclusion lists are for. There are other applications (like Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL to name a few) that recommend putting some parts of the data in the exclusion list. Mostly to make sure that the files aren't locked by another application when the 'main' application needs them, but also for speed reasons. An AV scanner does add some time to the loading of files. I have added the data folders of all my synths (including Kontakt, Rapture and Maschine) and they all load faster now. I don't see this as a big risk. First, the AV scans all the major areas of Windows, where applications reside, and where temporary files are created. This will mitigate a lot of possible entry points already, as most viruses need to be put somewhere. All folders which are NOT sample libraries are still scanned. Secondly, I keep UAC enabled. A well written application does not have any issues with UAC, and UAC prevents a rogue program to just start without permission. And lastly, I also have a firewall running on my router. I know that this does not prevent applications from running on the machine itself, but it does prevent "intrusions" (well, not fully of course, as no firewall is perfect, but in the scheme of things, it does a good job).
So, when you keep these things into account, the risk is fairly minimal, while the resulting speed increase is quite noticeable.

However, I do agree that it does mean Rapture pro is reading too much while it is starting. Probably re-indexing its list every time it starts.
2015/05/15 20:35:31
TomHelvey
c5_convertible

Why is adding the rapture pro content folders to your antivirus exclusion list a bad solution? This is what the AV exclusion lists are for. There are other applications (like Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL to name a few) that recommend putting some parts of the data in the exclusion list. Mostly to make sure that the files aren't locked by another application when the 'main' application needs them, but also for speed reasons. An AV scanner does add some time to the loading of files. I have added the data folders of all my synths (including Kontakt, Rapture and Maschine) and they all load faster now. I don't see this as a big risk. First, the AV scans all the major areas of Windows, where applications reside, and where temporary files are created. This will mitigate a lot of possible entry points already, as most viruses need to be put somewhere. All folders which are NOT sample libraries are still scanned. Secondly, I keep UAC enabled. A well written application does not have any issues with UAC, and UAC prevents a rogue program to just start without permission. And lastly, I also have a firewall running on my router. I know that this does not prevent applications from running on the machine itself, but it does prevent "intrusions" (well, not fully of course, as no firewall is perfect, but in the scheme of things, it does a good job).
So, when you keep these things into account, the risk is fairly minimal, while the resulting speed increase is quite noticeable.

However, I do agree that it does mean Rapture pro is reading too much while it is starting. Probably re-indexing its list every time it starts.

Well for one, I already have all that stuff disabled so there is not much chance of it having any effect on the load time.
2015/05/15 21:18:18
J-A-G
Real slow load for me also. Won't use until it is patched. Has anyone from Cakewalk acknowledged, and are they working on a fix? I should have to do nothing. None of my many other synths have issues like this like Omnisphere, Trillian etc. So this is a Cakewalk issue as far as I am concerned. 

I knew I should have waited.
2015/05/16 12:44:33
BobF
Call me slow ... I just realized last eve that RapPro installed VST2 and VST3 versions.  I always loaded the VST3 version because that's where I found it first.

I deleted the VST3 instance in my test project and replaced it with the VST2 version and it seems to be waaaay faster loading so far.  Still testing scenarios, but I'm curious if the slow loading problem is isolated to the VST3 version.

2015/05/16 13:31:35
quest4success
Good to know. I'll give this a try as I'm having issues as well. I'll post results later. Thank you.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account