2015/07/10 21:12:19
arachnaut
Here is a file comparison of two file changes I saw.
I use Retrospect to do incremental backups and it compares files using MD5 checksums changes.
These are before and after images.

The installed version I have is current 1.5.5.15:

Why would I bother to post all this if it wasn't accurate?

2015/07/10 21:14:42
scook
A quick count of my multisample folder shows 105 vintage sfz files. I am not sure if the are all included with the current distribution though.
2015/07/10 21:26:29
arachnaut
I use Retrospect to do nightly backups. After a major install I run it and compare what has changed from the day before.

This is what it reports as changed in the Dimension Pro Multisamples folder:

2015/07/10 21:32:07
scook
There was a change to the installer and the installer version was bumped to 1-5-5-16. The new C3 uses a time based setting to scan for updates. The default is 24 hours. If you go to the C3 settings page and click "Check Now" you will notice DPro has gone yellow. The change is noted in links in msg #3 above.
2015/07/10 21:43:32
scook
I don't believe the sfz changes were intended, installer 1-5-5-15 was created to satisfy the new C3.
2015/07/10 21:46:01
arachnaut
scook
There was a change to the installer and the installer version was bumped to 1-5-5-16. The new C3 uses a time based setting to scan for updates. The default is 24 hours. If you go to the C3 settings page and click "Check Now" you will notice DPro has gone yellow. The change is noted in links in msg #3 above.

Good grief, I'm not going to download another 3GB file just to avoid

(from: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013416/D-Pro-1-5-5-16-Installer-Update):
  • Resolves an issue where the Serial Number and Registration Code from your account would not be automatically populated, requiring manual registration steps to authorize Dimension Pro. This could potentially result in users needing to launch Dimension Pro as an administrator in order to enter their registration code. More information for resolving this issue can be found here
I'm going to assume that between this morning and this afternoon, that there was not any substantive change other than this.

Since I already ran into this problem and reported it,  I assume the assiduous Cakewalkers have fixed the installer.
I hope they added the VST path to the install file input as well. It was missing and presumed a bad default.

2015/07/10 21:49:31
Doktor Avalanche
Years ago there was a game called Dungeons and Dragons..
2015/07/10 21:49:50
scook
AFAIK, the only reason to update DPro since 2010 is to satisfy the C3 update indicator.
2015/07/10 21:56:40
arachnaut
I think, based on today's experience, that I would highly recommend that NO ONE update Dimension Pro.

It will probably NEVER get any program changes since Rapture Pro supplants it.

It is a 3GB size and takes a long time to download.

Especially if you have moved the Multisamples folder to another drive (which I recommend you do) and if you have a custom VST folder like I do.

The two changes I reported are for SFZ files which I believe are not even used in any Dimension Pro program preset.

2015/07/10 21:57:27
jih64
scook
AFAIK, the only reason to update DPro since 2010 is to satisfy the C3 update indicator.

I think I said something similar way back up there ? you even had me thinking, and I was previously determined to not mess with my current DimPro install (or Rapture for that matter)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account