2015/07/11 12:52:49
TheSteven
Hoping that someone has some information about the following.
I updated to the latest Dimension Pro (v1.5.5.16) via CCC and I'm missing a couple of items.

In Dimension Pro the Elements bank reports missing files for the patches.
- don't know if this is because of the update or that I didn't notice it was broken when I migrated Dimension Pro to my new laptop. 

In my Multisamples folder I have a "Pro-Sounds" folder but can't find a group/bank to match.
- this might be leftovers from a demo, but I'm usually good about cleaning up afterwards.

thanks...
2015/07/11 13:34:41
TheMaartian
I have downloaded the update 4 times, and 4 times I've had the attempt to install the update fail, each time on a different instrument patch file. Would be nice to have the DimPro d/l split into two parts: core and patches/presets. Frustrating stuff.
2015/07/11 13:57:40
scook
I rarely use DPro and would not notice when/if factory programs change. I looked a the Elements folder in DPro programs. These appear to be the original Elements programs (i.e. wave based). The reason some are failing is  the elements are trying to load a waves. I believe when a specific audio file is defined for an element DPro will not search for a file with the same name but different extension like it does for sfz file. At least that is what my testing has shown. I tried to load "Crystal Circle.elem" and it failed. After converting the "fm 01.flac" in "00 - Wavetables" to a wave, the element loaded.

Pro-Sounds do not have a dedicated program folder. I found FG-Orca.sfz referenced in "02 - Pads, Analog & Sweeps" program " FG Orca In The Distance." I expect you will find other Pro-Sounds in Frank's other patches.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account