2015/07/11 18:42:18
KCravens
Win 8.1, Sonar 8.5 64 bit install, programs on C: projects on D: samples on E:

DimPro 64 cannot find some multisamples.  Basses load OK, Guitars won't. Some Brass will, some brass won't etc.. All of the supposed missing multisamples are present in the DimensionPro multisamples folder on the E: drive.

I have checked the registry for the correct path to the samples folder on the E: drive. Checking the file structure for DimPro, I find it in several locations.
I find DimLE in C:Win8x64 Cakewalk folder.  
DimPro.dll and DimPro64.dll are in the DimPro folder in the C:Win8x64 program files & a DimPro 64.dll file in the program files(x86)
folder.
It seems to scan OK in the plug-in manager and loads properly.  Any ideas?

Kim
Phoenix
2015/07/11 21:20:01
scook
Might depend on the versions of DPro/LE running. Possibly older versions of the plug-ins are trying to access the DPro v1.5 flac files. You might be looking at older DirectX versions if the dlls are not in the vst path. I don't recall having the DPro v1.5 dlls installed anywhere but the vst folders.

2015/07/11 23:30:47
KCravens
Thanks.  I'm sure that is what is going on.  There are too many instances of the .dll files.  I did an experiment and added one of the locations to the plug-in scan and that DimPro64 can't find any multisamples.

2015/07/12 11:42:22
KCravens
OK, so how do I know which DPro v1.5 .dll file is the latest version and can I get rid of/rename the others?
2015/07/12 12:15:03
scook
I am guessing this is a new installation. How was DPro installed? IIRC, DPro w/ 8.5 was not v1.5. Did you apply any updates? Did DPro work correctly before relocating the samples? My guess about flac files and old versions could be completely wrong. Do you have any flac files in the mutlisamples folder?

2015/07/12 13:42:29
KCravens
Solved!

I found a redundant/duplicate folder in the Multisamples folder the registry was pointed at.  The registry just needed E: Dimension Pro to look for the samples not E: Dimension Pro/Multisamples

Thanks for the suggestions!
2015/07/12 14:06:53
scook
Glad you figured it out. There are different registry keys depending on the version. For 64bit:
Dimension Pro (1.0 - 1.2) - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension ProDimension Pro (1.5) - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp
There are corresponding entries for 32bit in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account