2015/07/12 23:13:24
Amicus717
Hi folks,

I'm using Sonar Platinum (updated to Foxboro), Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (sp1), and V Studio-700, and I've been experiencing problems using Dimension Pro. This issue actually has been lingering for a little while; ever since I upgraded to Sonar X3 I've found D-Pro to be pretty flaky, and upgrading to Sonar Platinum seems to have made it worse. Right now, D-Pro crashes Sonar every time I use it. Not right away, but usually within the first 10 - 15 mins after I load Dimension Pro (currently updated to version 1.5.5.16), Sonar will hang and then crash, and I can't restart Sonar until I reboot the computer.

I've done all the usual troubleshooting stuff -- reinstalled this, updated that, checked the other thing, etc, but the problem remains. It's not a huge deal, in that I don't use Dimension Pro that often and I have lots of other sample libraries to choose from. But its still irritating that I can't get it running, and it would be nice to have D-Pro's instruments available to me to mess around with. You never know when it one of its patches might come in handy. 

I had hoped that the recent update to D-Pro would offer some stability or a fix for the issue, but after updating my system, it happened twice today already. Is anyone else experiencing any kind of instability problems with D-Pro? I tried searching the forums, but my queries keep coming up empty, for some reason.

Thanks,

Rob
2015/07/12 23:25:32
scook
 The actual DPro program and libraries have not changed in years. The recent installer updates were to satisfy the new Command Center. Assuming you are using 64bit SONAR, make sure you are using the 64bit version of DPro. It might be helpful to identify the program or program(s) causing problems.
2015/07/12 23:34:31
Amicus717
I'm using 64bit Sonar and 64bit D-Pro. I've had it crash while trying to use some of the guitar patches (I don't recall specifically which ones - today I was cycling through the various guitar patches to hear what they sounded like when Sonar went down), and in the past the full string patches have done it, as have some of the Garritan pocket orchestra ones.
2015/07/13 10:15:52
Doktor Avalanche
1) Install via CCC.
2) VST reset in preferences (not just a rescan!)
3) Windows update
4) Update audio interface drivers and firmware.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account