2018/03/22 12:35:34
Team Green
Thanks for the info, signed up with Bandlab and ready for the future!
2018/03/22 12:35:34
Team Green
Thanks for the info, signed up with Bandlab and ready for the future!
2018/03/22 12:50:38
Mesh
eravn
Will this acquisition have an effect on the "Lifetime Updates" licenses some users may have purchased, or will such licenses continue be honored by BandLab?

The Lifetime Updates was a Gibson/Cakewalk promise that BandLab doesn't have to honour. It would be great if they did, but that's not going to happen. However, Meng did promise:

"....our steadfast goal is that former SONAR owners (of all versions) will not need to spend any money to cross-over/cross-grade to the future flagship product."
2018/03/22 12:53:29
King_Windom
Account created
2018/03/22 16:35:03
Rob Ainscough
I have no interest in BandLab, so if I don't sign up for BandLab I don't get any future updates to Cakewalk line of products?  If that's accurate then basically signing up with BandLab isn't really an "option" as described in this thread.

So is there an option to retain Cakewalk/Sonar updates for the various products without having a BandLab account?

EDIT: Sorry I have NO interest in Singapore based 28 year old kid with a rich Billionaire parents taking control of my musical adventures ... seen this before, watched it turn into a end user mess with zero innovation just re-badge existing technologies and concepts.

Cheers, Rob.
2018/03/22 16:57:09
JonD
Rob Ainscough
I have no interest in BandLab, so if I don't sign up for BandLab I don't get any future updates to Cakewalk line of products?  If that's accurate then basically signing up with BandLab isn't really an "option" as described in this thread.

So is there an option to retain Cakewalk/Sonar updates for the various products without having a BandLab account?

EDIT: Sorry I have NO interest in Singapore based 28 year old kid with a rich Billionaire parents taking control of my musical adventures ... seen this before, watched it turn into a end user mess.

Cheers, Rob.

If you want to activate your CW product in the future or have access to any updates, then you need to create an account.  Sheesh, no one is twisting your arm.  CW never had "control over your musical adventures" so I don't see why you are attacking the new owner for that reason.

Bottom line, create the account and only use it to activate/update Sonar.  If you believe that's unreasonable, then there are other DAW makers who will gladly take your money.
2018/03/22 16:58:05
ZincTrumpet
Thanks Meng and Larry. 

Got my email this morning and have signed up. Fingers crossed.
2018/03/22 17:03:15
scook
Eugorfin
I hope that I get my Sonar Professional and other products back soon. I have lost everything and I have done everything to get them back, they are just gone. I have changed my account email address, logged out from command center etc. I have also tried to activate my products again but of course it's not possible.

Gone from https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Products? Posting in this thread will not get them back. You have a better chance of getting this fixed by creating a new thread in the Cakewalk Store area.
2018/03/22 17:27:38
clintmartin
Rob Ainscough

EDIT: Sorry I have NO interest in Singapore based 28 year old kid with a rich Billionaire parents taking control of my musical adventures ... seen this before, watched it turn into a end user mess with zero innovation just re-badge existing technologies and concepts.

Cheers, Rob.

If I were Meng...You're the type of customer I wouldn't miss.
2018/03/22 17:46:29
abacab
Regarding the new BandLab account, this part was written in bold, in case anybody missed it in the original announcement...

It’s free, it’s secure and it doesn’t mean you are obliged to use BandLab's social music platform features

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account